Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Old Pentax user, new to the world of DSLR.

Hello,

I'm Simon and I'm from Poland. I have used several Pentax film SLR and now I became an owner of the K-5 II. I'm very happy to see Pentax community is that big

11-21-2014, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome! Congratulations on getting the great camera! I think you will fit right in
11-21-2014, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard. I think you find with your K-5 II that Pentax is still producing quality products.
11-21-2014, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #4

Welcome. You will find a wealth of information on here and a lot of people willing to help you make the transistor. I myself made a similar journey this last year. It may take a little while but I think you will really like your new camera once you have a chance to practice with it.

I always suggest that old film guys take a look at the TaV mode as it is the most similar to using the film cameras that were either manual or manual with auto aperture.

11-21-2014, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
Welcome. You will find a wealth of information on here and a lot of people willing to help you make the transistor. I myself made a similar journey this last year. It may take a little while but I think you will really like your new camera once you have a chance to practice with it.

I always suggest that old film guys take a look at the TaV mode as it is the most similar to using the film cameras that were either manual or manual with auto aperture.
Since I am an old film guy, I can echo this advise. TAV is a wonderful mode, but do keep an eye on the ISO you are being taken to.
11-21-2014, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, film is still going, but digital does have some advantages.... The K5II is a great body to start with - an excellent sensor.

11-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. The K-5 II is my first DSLR in terms of ownership, although because I study journalism on a university I have worked with many DSLR's. I chose the K-5 II because it was the best Pentax I could afford now. From the moment I was born there was always a Pentax camera in house. As a kid I played with small A110, throwing it, hitting it against the floor, and it's still making photos today. And that's why my own DSLR simply had to be a Pentax.
11-22-2014, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by sfkazimierczak Quote
I'm very happy to see Pentax community is that big
Welcome, maybe not the biggest, but we're passionate.

02-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
Dzień dobry!
Sporo tu Polaków, Adam (szef szefów) pisze także po... polsku!
02-05-2015, 05:54 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by romeck Quote
Dzień dobry!
Sporo tu Polaków, Adam (szef szefów) pisze także po... polsku!
Dzień dobry
Jest nas tu sporo, bo po prostu wiemy co dobre Dziękuję za miłe powitanie