Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New to Pentax

Hello,

I've primarily been a Sony/Minolta shooter. Recently, a good friend handed me a shopping bag full of old, vintage SMC Pentax-M and Other K-Mount Telephoto glass. I quickly remembered some of my old photo comrades who shot with Pentax back in the 1970s, so I started doing a little research on Pentax cameras and lenses. As I remembered correctly, the old, manual lenses got great reviews and the various online galleries showed beautiful images.

So... I found a sweet deal on a lightly used Pentax K-5, cleaned up the lenses and have started to shoot some images. I'm enjoying the process and the Pentax exploration. I look forward to perusing this site, learning more and sharing some Pentax images.

Thanks and best regards!

11-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
Enjoy your new camera and lenses and don't forget to share some pictures with us!
11-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome and what a great start to your Pentax collection and will keep you going until Mistress LBA finds you.
11-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome and what a great start to your Pentax collection and will keep you going until Mistress LBA finds you.
Mistress LBA??

11-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Bside123 Quote
Mistress LBA??
Aye, she hides in the shadowy corners and springs out on the unwary, forcing them to part with their money in the quest of Lens Buying Addiction (LBA).
11-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Aye, she hides in the shadowy corners and springs out on the unwary, forcing them to part with their money in the quest of Lens Buying Addiction (LBA).
Already happened... Didn't know that the Mistress had a name, but we've had a torrid affair on and off for a very long time, and she is not particularly brand or model loyal!
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Bside123 Quote
particularly brand or model loyal!
I can see you already know her to well, to be aware of those unpublished wee facts.