Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi All

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and am getting reacquainted with photography after being away from it for nearly 30 years (minus occasional snapshots). I just bought my first Pentax ever -- an ME Super body in very good condition and also just bought a 50mm Pentax-M on eBay. Then I'll just need new batteries and film. I'm thinking that a Pentax MX may also be in my future.

When I was heavy into photography (years back), I used a Nikkormat FT2. It was my first real camera and I still have it. About 5 years ago, I bought a Canon EOS Rebel XS (digital). Although I'm impressed with its features and doodads, it leaves me uninspired. I'll continue to use it for snapshot purposes. Since I had something from Nikon family and Canon family, I thought it would be good to give a Pentax a try (and wanted something smaller and lighter than my Nikkormat).

I'm thinking that most (if not all) of my film photography will likely be B&W. I did B&W (wet darkroom) many years ago, but don't have any of the equipment and setup for it any more. I may pursue (at some point) developing my own film and let someone else scan the negatives for me. Initially, I'll send my film to a local lab.

Please go easy on me -- I've got my first Pentax and essentially feel like a photography newbie once again.

11-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Congratulations on getting a Pentax! We promise to go easy, at least for the moment!
11-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome! If you have a little extra money to invest, I would recommend the FA43/1.9 Limited. One of the best lenses one can get for the K mount, and it shines on full frame.
11-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by swamp boy Quote
(wet darkroom) many years ago
Welcome to the forum, aye many of us had one of those, much easier now, it can be done in the light.

11-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Here's hoping you have a great time shooting with your Pentax!
11-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Pentax gang.