Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Me

I live in South Africa and have had an interest in photography since I was 16 years old. Likewise I have preferred Pentax all along, starting with the K1000 in the early days. Finepix cameras got a look in as well. Looking back my bent has been family shots and on occasion, people, with trees and landscape shots thrown in for good measure. I am not keen on posed shots, preferring to catch people unaware. Of course the method is a lot easier with landscape and trees, as long as you manage composition and light well. Investing in the Pentax K500 has made things generally a lot clearer.

11-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!
There are a lot of South Africans here.
11-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos posted here!
11-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums. Lots of good advice and opportunities to share here.

11-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your "street photography" images in due course.
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Lotsa South Africans here.
11-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome.
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joerotheray Quote
I live in South Africa and have had an interest in photography since I was 16 years old. Likewise I have preferred Pentax all along, starting with the K1000 in the early days. Finepix cameras got a look in as well. Looking back my bent has been family shots and on occasion, people, with trees and landscape shots thrown in for good measure. I am not keen on posed shots, preferring to catch people unaware. Of course the method is a lot easier with landscape and trees, as long as you manage composition and light well. Investing in the Pentax K500 has made things generally a lot clearer.
Greeting from a fellow South African, and welcome to a great reference site for all things Pentax and photography in general. There is something really special about Pentax, and although not the most popular brand in RSA, there is a lot of good older stuff floating around that works rather well with the modern DSLRs from Pentax.

Looking forward to some posts and pics. And why not join the RSA users group or take a look there.

12-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, joe ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
12-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, joe ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
Thank you Jean, I have posted a few to an album already, one of my dog taken a while back with a Fujipix bridge camera.