Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2014, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
You want the K5iis. It's the same as the K5 only upgraded. Better.....no anti aliasing filter so the images are a bit sharper.
Also, the AF (auto-focus) was also improved in the K-5 II(s).

12-04-2014, 06:20 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KatPal Quote
Hello! So I have received a camera from BH! Yay, but I only get it in 10 days for my bday:-(
Now- I found lens on Craigslist a Pentax 100 mm 2.8 Macro. Used for 250$. Does it make sense to purchase this lens even though it was originally bought in 2007? It has good reviews on here.

Thank you,
Kat
That's a fair price for that lens. Is it an FA or D FA? It's usually wise to purchase used lenses if you can get them for a decent price. Of the 6 lenses I own now, only one was purchased brand new.
12-04-2014, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

I don't mind using "used" products, have been tested and are working - saves the trouble of returning if anything does go wrong - and are ready to go. The same with lenses.
I was ready to pull the trigger on one of the deals on a new K-5 IIs, but was also negotiating a great deal on a (and I am absolutely positive on this) gently used K-5 II; not the 's' version. Considering everything I have been reading - and looking at some beautiful images - about the Pentax line(s) I truly believe the 'non-s' version will suit me, I'm a 'people shooter' , if I can use the term so loosely. I photograph people , have shot individuals, families, and even done some corporate work (for the OAAG, not a big deal really, but a really big deal for me) and I have also shot a few weddings... People... Emotions...
The photography I require does not require extreme sharpness - although 'handy' - or in other words, what I require from photography is not extreme sharpness...
In short and not mentioning the environment, I'm just an old fashioned guy who likes a hand-shake at the end of a deal...

Kind regards.

Paul
12-04-2014, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$250 is a great price for FA, DFA or DA series 100mm f2.8 macros. I don't know whether it's good for the manual focus series, though, I'd have to research that.

12-04-2014, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
$250 is a great price for FA, DFA or DA series 100mm f2.8 macros. I don't know whether it's good for the manual focus series, though, I'd have to research that.
Thank you for the reply.
I was thinking "older", but already with AF. For what I understand, the oldest designation would be the F-series, than FA, and so forth?
12-04-2014, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an FA100 f2.8 and it's outstanding. It was one of the first lenses I bought when I got a DSLR, and one of the big draws to DSLR was good macro. I use it in the field for scientific research as well. Its autofocus functions very well, and with the AF switch on the camera or lens you can easily drop into manual focus for those times the autofocus gets confused - which isn't as often as you might suspect. You'll be very happy with any of them if you're interested in insects for sure.
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Kat ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J