Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2014, 03:49 AM   #1

Tech freak introduction

Hello Pentaxians,

I started with taking pictures as a boy in the Filmdays – long time ago. Film was expensive for a student, made me think twice before taking any photo. The learning curve was flat – difficult to remember shutter and aperture weeks later when the pictures arrived after processing. I’m a tech freak, but without a darkroom, the lack of control bored me.

When the digital sensor age started, it took a while until quality, capability and price made me curious again.

I reentered the game with a Nikon D60, was thrilled by the digital options at once, but let down by manufactures for detaining simple (free) software options (ex. HDR) for marketing reasons.
P.S.: never shoot JPEG, only RAW

Got a K5 and started to play with a smile.
I’m now playing around with nearly everything, HDR, Focus stacking, Tilt/Shift-Bellows…
As a fan of sensor stabilization I could not resist the LPF simulation of the K3 but always have it switched off, found very few ocassions for unpleasant impressions. But the most unnoticed improvement is the reduced live view lag.
As I also love high quality lenses (build and optics) I often take a look at the lens reviews to get your opinions, recently more and more on legacy glass. I would like to open this one-way road and release my personal view also – that’s the main reason for this introduction.

11-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums. The digital world has certainly given us a lot to play with. Enjoy your time here.
11-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome nice to hear from you sounds like you have a bit to offer us as well 😀 interesting to hear about Nikon as I was thinking about eventually making the jump the opposite way to FF nice to hear all views. Anyhow the folks here are lovely and pretty sure you will fit in no worries.
11-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ducpent Quote
I started with taking pictures as a boy in the Filmdays
Welcome here, I wish I could say that... unfortunately I was a man then too.