Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Forum Member
Nicolas514's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
Hello from a Canadian in Sweden!

Hi everybody!

I am Nicolas and I have been a fan of this site as soon as I bought my first Pentax camera. It was extremely helpful when I had tough decisions to make regarding what gear to buy. I had joined the site a while back but I have only seriously started using it to really engage in the community. I also decided to make a donation both to help the site and to motivate me to stay engaged!

Now I am overexcited and I feel like posting all of my pictures to get feedback, but I will try to keep my enthusiasm at a reasonable level.

Glad to be part of the community!

11-29-2014, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
Welcome...And how do you like Sweden?
11-29-2014, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,441
Welcome both here to the forum and to Sweden!
11-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Forum Member
Nicolas514's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Welcome...And how do you like Sweden?
Sweden is great! I had spent 6 months in Sweden back in 2011 and had enjoyed it then, but I was living in a much smaller city. Stockholm is a fantastic city, even if it requires some minor adjustments on my part. As an example, I am not used to live in a city where finding a pizza place open after 9pm on a Tuesday is almost mission impossible! However, in terms of photography Sweden is amazing! Below are a few examples of what I mean.

And thank you VisualDarkness!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
11-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian
c.a.m's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,062
Bonjour Nicolas,

Welcome from a Canadian in Ottawa!

Glad you have joined our community. Thanks for sharing your terrific introductory pictures!

- Craig
11-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Forum Member
Nicolas514's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Bonjour Nicolas,

Welcome from a Canadian in Ottawa!

Glad you have joined our community. Thanks for sharing your terrific introductory pictures!

- Craig
Thanks Craig!

I grew up in Aylmer and my parents are still there! Fantastic area!
11-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas514 Quote
Sweden is great! I had spent 6 months in Sweden back in 2011 and had enjoyed it then, but I was living in a much smaller city. Stockholm is a fantastic city, even if it requires some minor adjustments on my part. As an example, I am not used to live in a city where finding a pizza place open after 9pm on a Tuesday is almost mission impossible! However, in terms of photography Sweden is amazing! Below are a few examples of what I mean.

And thank you VisualDarkness!
Looks like a fun place. My buddy goes over every other year to visit his inlaws. I keep asking him to take me along some time with no avail.
11-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
As a Norwegian, I feel it is my duty to inform you that Sweden is silly. Everyone knows that Norway is superior in every way :P An welcome to the forums. This is certainly the correct place to reside

11-30-2014, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #9
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,634
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas514 Quote
when I had tough decisions to make regarding what gear to buy
Welcome, we're always good at getting folk to spend money.
11-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
Forum Member
Nicolas514's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Looks like a fun place. My buddy goes over every other year to visit his inlaws. I keep asking him to take me along some time with no avail.
It is! I recommend going at least once! And i recommend going with Icelandair so you can do a little stopover there. Amazing place!

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
As a Norwegian, I feel it is my duty to inform you that Sweden is silly. Everyone knows that Norway is superior in every way :P An welcome to the forums. This is certainly the correct place to reside
Haha Zoe! I have been to Norway a few years ago and loved it very much, however my wallet strongly disagreed!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, we're always good at getting folk to spend money.
Yeah I noticed! I suffered a minor case of LBA but now I am debating in getting better lenses or a K-3 body... On a student budget I feel like none of these options is reasonable... But then again, who said that being reasonable was fun right?
11-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas514 Quote
Haha Zoe! I have been to Norway a few years ago and loved it very much, however my wallet strongly disagreed!
Yeah. I suppose that we do go to Sweden or Finland for cheap beer sometimes, not gonna lie.
11-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
Yos
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 533
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Don't listen to ZoeB, she's a Norwegian and as a Swede we know they are crazy
Tbh I would love to go to Norway more often as my brother lives in Oslo but alas, my wallet says NO.
Let me know if you fancy a photo walk anytime soon. Let's see if we get more sun hours in December... can you imagine we only had 5 sun hours in November...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
community, site
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Sweden Andrewille Welcomes and Introductions 5 03-13-2013 02:07 AM
Hello from Sweden Hofver Welcomes and Introductions 2 02-20-2013 10:17 AM
Hello from Sweden, Neogenic Welcomes and Introductions 4 01-16-2013 07:52 AM
Hello from a snowy Sweden! dalo Welcomes and Introductions 2 01-26-2010 01:39 PM
Hello from a french Canadian Herge Welcomes and Introductions 3 03-19-2009 05:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top