Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
I'm a long time lurker that finally registered!

Hello all,

I've been lurking this forum for the past 7 years and I finally registered. Why did I wait so long? Well this forum answered every single question I've had up until now! I literally found the answer to every Pentax question I've had on this site so I figured there was no need to register.

I have owned Pentax cameras since we had our 35mm Pentax ME and ME Super in the 1990s. I am a die-hard Pentax fan and I've owned two Pentax digital SLRs and 7 different Optio point-and-shoots. I need some of my K-3 questions answered so now that I'm registered I'll probably spend most of my time there.

obin

11-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Obin Robinson Quote
Hello all,

I've been lurking this forum for the past 7 years and I finally registered. Why did I wait so long? Well this forum answered every single question I've had up until now! I literally found the answer to every Pentax question I've had on this site so I figured there was no need to register.

I have owned Pentax cameras since we had our 35mm Pentax ME and ME Super in the 1990s. I am a die-hard Pentax fan and I've owned two Pentax digital SLRs and 7 different Optio point-and-shoots. I need some of my K-3 questions answered so now that I'm registered I'll probably spend most of my time there.

obin
You are very welcomed !
PF is the best !
11-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the PF community. It's great to hear that you found lots of useful information here; it is indeed a terrific storeroom of ever-changing information and knowledge.

Hope you get a chance to post an image or two.

- Craig
11-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, 7 years of lurking and a real Pentaxian all the time. You will be glad you came in from the cold.

11-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
It really seems like a good group here so you'll be hearing lots from me. The issues I need help with have to do with tweaking the K-3 to work with my classic medium format lenses. The other thing I noticed is that some of the lens reviews are not representative of what I am experiencing. The lenses are under rated and I have some sharp photos to back up what they are capable of. The attached photo was taken with my old K-m and a Sigma Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC. This was a handheld shot with no tripod. I just snapped the photo as we were leaving the airport. There is no Photoshop treatment and other than resizing this is fresh off the memory card.

Pentax makes great cameras... that's why I keep buying them.

obin
11-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Holy shit you have a steady hand. Welcome to the forums, officially! No matter what, someone, somewhere on these boards will have an answer to your questions
12-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum as a non lurker at last.