Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #1

G'day from Down Under

Hi, everyone,

I've been a recent lurker on your forum as I search for my first Pentax since owning a Spotmatic many moons ago.
I like the way you all contribute to the forum. I look forward to getting hold of a fresh body and screwing on some good glass, and giving it a good seeing to.
. I have been trying to achieve the best outta M43, but have probably exhausted my options in that area without digging much deeper into a thinning wallet.
Can't wait to share some ideas.

12-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if you can save the money I'd recommend the Pentax K-3 as being the choice to make.
12-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum, if you can save the money I'd recommend the Pentax K-3 as being the choice to make.
Gosh, thanks Mr Eagle. My budget is somewhat lower on the pole, but I do have an awful habit of upgradeitis, so your suggestion is not too silly.
12-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to PF

12-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I'll second that. Because that is the advice he gave to me.
12-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Hello and welcome to PF
Thank you.

---------- Post added 12-04-14 at 05:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
I'll second that. Because that is the advice he gave to me.
Thank you. I may have to adjust my sights.
12-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #7
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum
12-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #8
PJ1
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. If the K-3 is a bit pricey you might consider the K-50. Australian prices have not gone as low as those in the US recently, but I suspect they may take a downward turn soon. It is a great camera by all accounts and I was considering it myself until the recent K-3 deal came up. George's in Sydney lists it at $544 with the kit lens (although it is on back order). But when the next best Pentax hits the streets there will be a few slightly used cameras around at good prices. And you can buy some great older lenses to go with it for very little.

12-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, trevorez ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
12-05-2014, 02:47 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
Thank you, Mr Gardener

---------- Post added 12-05-14 at 07:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, trevorez ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
Salut, J!
Dreams of capturing the moments we see in our mind, enabling us to share the experience is something that creates an instant bond between those who pursue such dreams. I look forward to sharing with people like yourself.

---------- Post added 12-05-14 at 08:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Welcome to the Forums. If the K-3 is a bit pricey you might consider the K-50. Australian prices have not gone as low as those in the US recently, but I suspect they may take a downward turn soon. It is a great camera by all accounts and I was considering it myself until the recent K-3 deal came up. George's in Sydney lists it at $544 with the kit lens (although it is on back order). But when the next best Pentax hits the streets there will be a few slightly used cameras around at good prices. And you can buy some great older lenses to go with it for very little.
I'm hearing you, my friend. I have been watching deals on K50's which is where I felt I would be quite happy to begin. Uncovering a naked body, and carefully selecting some classic glass to compliment said hardware would make me happy.
Some of my own favourite images captured to date have been via a Nikon D7000/16-105 combo. I want to progress from those results using the Pentax system. It's an emotional choice, wanting to support the underdog, and being different from the crowd who simply buy the commercials, preferring to join groups who are more likely to feel the way I do, just a little left of centre. And isn't that where art is born?
12-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, most of Australia is already here as members.
12-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, most of Australia is already here as members.
Thank you, Mr Kerrow.
Still a few more Aussies in the paddock yet to come, mate.