Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #1

Hello from Québec!

Hello everyone!

I'm new in the world of photography (Only 5 month now) and I'm in love with my Pentax that I've bought 4 month ago, a brand new K-50! I've tried many other DSLR and the pentax was the only one that I liked the feel in hand and every button is so well placed. For now with my job, I'm almost doing only airplanes photography. Here a shot I've took yesterday : Waterbomber Winter Sleep

I hope to learn more about photography and pentax here!

Regards from QC.

12-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the purchase of your K-50 and welcome to the forums. I see the ergonomics were a big consideration in your decision, and they may ultimately keep you in the Pentax fold, not ignoring their lovely prime and limited lenses, of course. That's a good shot of the water bomber - I also like the streaky snow or rain in the sky creating an interesting but non-intrusive background to the plane.
12-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nothing Quote
Hello everyone!

I'm new in the world of photography (Only 5 month now) and I'm in love with my Pentax that I've bought 4 month ago, a brand new K-50! I've tried many other DSLR and the pentax was the only one that I liked the feel in hand and every button is so well placed. For now with my job, I'm almost doing only airplanes photography. Here a shot I've took yesterday : Waterbomber Winter Sleep

I hope to learn more about photography and pentax here!

Regards from QC.
Welcome aboard !
Where are you in Québec ?

Great shot of those super planes !!
We actually needed them last summer during a heavy peat moss fire near Rivière-du-Loup !

I hope you will still keep the K50 for a long time ... great DSLR !

JP
12-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome nothing ! Yes you will learn allot especially if you stick to the Photographic Technique Section. This Forum can get addicting so don't stay on it too long. Go out and shoot is the best way to learn.

12-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Forum Member

Welcome! I spent a summer studying at Laval Univ. Quebec is a beautiful place. You will have no shortage of places to photograph.y
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! (You're just a tad south of us here on Baffin Island. We're neighbours, eh?)
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, interesting to see that tie down weighted block on the wing tip, does this stop things moving around?