Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Got my Pentax k50 today :)

Hi Folks,

After months of research and reading blogs floating over Internet and doing lot of comparisons of canon and Nikon, finally settled on Pentax.
I hope this one wont disappoint me, I registered my serial and product on Ricoh.
I am currently using a 18-55mm kit lens and bought a DAL 50-200mm ED WR lens for my camera, waiting for it to be delivered.

I updated firmware from 1.0 to 1.02 and not facing any issues, as other people described.
I also enabled/disabled all recommended settings that I found on the review.

Not into Hardcore photography, but I like macro and zoom photography.
All my friends are into Canikon, but I chose to be with Pentax.

Feels great to be a part of Pentaxian family.
Uploading some start-up pics with 18-55mm lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
12-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to the Pentax family and PF. You have some nice shots here.
12-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums. You have made a good choice in the K-50. Just wait until you bitten by the old screw mount lens bug. That's when the fun begins. They all have shake reduction on a Pentax.
12-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! You made a good choice. My wife has a K-30, which is nearly the same as the K-50 and it's a really sold camera. I too favor macro. I also have those same two dinosaur skeletons
Good luck with your photographic endevors!

12-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, hopefully the K50 will not disappoint, enjoy your photography.
12-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank-you Everyone, all the pictures uploaded were clicked in auto mode without tuning the camera, I am learning all tweaks and tricks as mentioned in the forum to my best. So far I am in love with this camera. Thanks for your support, I am surely promoting this wonderful camera to my friends and relatives.
12-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #7

I've had mine since October and the more I read on it, the more I think we nabbed ourselves an amazing camera that puts other brands in the same price range to shame.

My friend has a great deal more knowledge about photography and image composition in motion pictures, and he has a Panasonic GH2. He's had that for over a year now, and I was pretty impressed with it when he bought it and showed me specs and results, both with stills and HD video. Of course now I know more than I did, and I realize that his $1200 camera uses a Mirco 4/3 sensor format which is way smaller than our APS-C, and his camera isn't SLR so he's stuck with his LCD view... I find myself using my viewfinder almost always because on a bright day you can get a far better view in that than you can from the LCD. I also think it's interesting that finding Pentax-to-GH2 adapters is easy, but finding adapters to go from other brands to our Pentax cameras is next to impossible because it's *our* glass they want, not other brands. And his camera isn't weather sealed like the K-50, nor is it as sturdy in construction. I think if you take money out of the equation our camera is better than his, and putting money back into the equation we save around $500 USD on top of superior specs and better features.

So yes, the K-30 and K-50 seem to be really awesome cameras that blow away the competition in their price range, and even one-up some more expensive cameras (including my friend's Panasonic which is double the price of my K-50).

How about that!

Enjoy you purchase. I sure have been!
12-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
mee
Site Supporter

*waves* Hello :c )

Next step is to find a Macro lens if you are into macro. There are many ways to go about this, but the most straight forward is to simply buy a Macro lens. You will want to see the magnification ratio when researching. The one you want is 1:1 -- most of the cheap ones that claim macro are really 1:2 or 1:3. And remember that the longer the focal length of the macro lens, generally the further away from the subject you can get. (Which is helpful of you are photographing skittish and/or dangerous subjects!)

You could also get a lens with an aperture ring and some Extension Tubes or a bellows and do macro that way. Or even a reverse ring and mount the lens on backwards. But I'd suggest just getting a true Macro lens if that is one of your primary goals. :c )

12-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Good start, keep taking photos and learning and you will be very happy. I started with film Nikon long ago, then Pentax, later Nikon digital, and solid with Pentax now, film and digital.
12-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the new camera and welcome to the forum!
12-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Welcome. Keep on shooting.