Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #1

Another aussie to bolster the pentaxian ranks

Hi everyone, I have really been enjoying reading through the forums here, getting some ideas and tips from like minded people. Glad to be a part of a great community. Shooting with a K-50 with 18-55mm dal wr and the 55-300mm wr , when I get some pics of worth I will post.

12-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #2

Hi where are you from?
12-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.

Did u buy in Oz or overseas (Usa)? Deals at Adorama or Bhphotovideo make it hard to buy in Oz in my opinion.
12-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vbdaff Quote
Hi everyone, I have really been enjoying reading through the forums here, getting some ideas and tips from like minded people. Glad to be a part of a great community. Shooting with a K-50 with 18-55mm dal wr and the 55-300mm wr , when I get some pics of worth I will post.
Greetings to one Aussie from another

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Did u buy in Oz or overseas (Usa)? Deals at Adorama or Bhphotovideo make it hard to buy in Oz in my opinion.
I have never personally found that to be true actually.
I buy from CRK, they have good specials and freight is free.
Example is my K-50 cost AUD$599 inc 18-55mm WR lens plus free EyeFi card on special at the time from CRK.
Today their non-promo regular price is AUD$689 for the kit.
Adorama sell similar (no eyefi, but a $50 voucher) kit *today* for $496.95 (AUD$597.22) plus $87.90 (AUD$105.64) shipping to Oz is a total of AUD$702.86.

Even a K-3 body works out with shipping to be 1057.81 Australian Dollars from Adorama while CRK are only AUD$41 more expensive. This is no-where near enough saving to sway me.
Considering also that buying from Adorama means no Australian warranty and the fact I'm not helping the economy or job security of the country I live in, I see no good reason to buy Pentax from any other vendor.

CRK are also good to deal with when things go wrong. My Q 06 lens became faulty after a couple weeks, they advance replaced it without a quibble.

12-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Another aussie to bolster the pentaxian ranks
Welcome aboard, I'm glad you added Pentaxian ranks, as if it had been Aussie ranks, well we're already overrun with them.

BTW last in... buys the next round of beers, so that'll be you then.
12-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #6

good to see another Aussie here...welcome and enjoy
12-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #7
PJ1
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I buy from CRK, they have good specials and freight is free.

Welcome to the Forums. Yes, CRK are very competitive. I ordered a K-3 during their Black Friday 15% off (worked out at $934 AUD). The also have the O-GPS1 at $249 (I grabbed one in anticipation of the K-3) when Australian resellers are asking $300+. Only problem with the (my?) K-3 is that the courier scanned the package in Toowoomba last Tuesday and it has not been heard of since. I will be spending some time on the phone tomorrow. Look forward to seeing your K-50 images. You may never see mine from the K-3!
12-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Welcome to the Forums. Yes, CRK are very competitive. I ordered a K-3 during their Black Friday 15% off (worked out at $934 AUD). The also have the O-GPS1 at $249 (I grabbed one in anticipation of the K-3) when Australian resellers are asking $300+. Only problem with the (my?) K-3 is that the courier scanned the package in Toowoomba last Tuesday and it has not been heard of since. I will be spending some time on the phone tomorrow. Look forward to seeing your K-50 images. You may never see mine from the K-3!
Bugger my last few experiences with Star Track hasn't been so great also in Toowoomba but wasn't for me but for a package I signed for my neighbours and found out it was the ones that had shifted a year ago and they hadn't left a forwarding address rang Star Track main number told them what happened on Tuesday morning took name number and address said they would have someone pick it up well Friday rocked around and still no one had picked it up so gave them a call again guess what courier turned up without calling lucky I was here. So hopefully whoever signed was honest and its on its way back to CRK. Best of luck warning you will need the consignment number which hopefully CRK will have so ring them first to get that hopefully CRK will do the chasing for you. Best of luck let us know how you get on.

---------- Post added 12-07-14 at 05:18 AM ----------

Welcome good starting arsenal can't wait to see what you get. Nice to have another Aussie oi oi oi 😜

12-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #9

Original Poster
I actually got a decent deal online from dirtcheapcameras.com.au, was 60% of the price the local shop wanted for the K-50 with 15-55mm kit. And I got the 50-300mm wr lens as well, so both lenses with the camera are weather resistant, very happy
12-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum
12-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gidday from the other side of the ditch
Jeeze we would kill for a distributor with the calibre of CRK