Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #1

Returning prodigal

It's some time since I actually logged in to participate: Life has been somewhat tumultuous for the last few years and photography has been reduced to the odd snapshot or three.
The offer of the 31mm lens has stirred me out of my lethargy - at least for now.

My health is not good and my energy levels, and with it my inspiration, swing dramatically; so please excuse my lack of consistency.

As any Australian will know, the current government here is determined to take us back to the early days of the industrial revolution with respect to community services and welfare, and their policies - on both sides of the political divide - with respect to unauthorised refugees arriving by small boat, are draconian and inhumane in the extreme.
A lot of my time and energy has been taken up monitoring their activities and 'putting my oar in' wherever and whenever I am able.
It's not much, but every little helps when it comes to bringing these nefarious and unchristian activities to public attention.
The News Limited ( very, very limited news) influence is overwhelming in its one-eyed support of this extreme right wing administration, making the information available to the public decidely unbalanced.

But enough of Aussie politics.

I hope to be able to catch up with some of the last years' postings over time.

All the Best to you all for the "Festering Season".
May you all have a safe and happy new year.

12-07-2014, 04:10 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Good to see your up to posting here again, welcome back and Seasons Greetings to you too.
12-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gidday mate !
Good on you for soldering on and keeping the b'stards honest
NZ also in the throws of the 'nefarious and unchristian' with more to come after recent election.
Let us know how you like the FA31

Pete in NZ

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
It's some time since I actually logged in to participate: Life has been somewhat tumultuous for the last few years and photography has been reduced to the odd snapshot or three.
The offer of the 31mm lens has stirred me out of my lethargy - at least for now.

My health is not good and my energy levels, and with it my inspiration, swing dramatically; so please excuse my lack of consistency.

As any Australian will know, the current government here is determined to take us back to the early days of the industrial revolution with respect to community services and welfare, and their policies - on both sides of the political divide - with respect to unauthorised refugees arriving by small boat, are draconian and inhumane in the extreme.
A lot of my time and energy has been taken up monitoring their activities and 'putting my oar in' wherever and whenever I am able.
It's not much, but every little helps when it comes to bringing these nefarious and unchristian activities to public attention.
The News Limited ( very, very limited news) influence is overwhelming in its one-eyed support of this extreme right wing administration, making the information available to the public decidely unbalanced.

But enough of Aussie politics.

I hope to be able to catch up with some of the last years' postings over time.

All the Best to you all for the "Festering Season".
May you all have a safe and happy new year.
12-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum