Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Athens, Greece

Greetings to everyone! I am Thanassis from Greece, proud owner of a K3 since August 2014. Yaayy!

I am an enthusiast user, still amateur in DSLRs though, but im trying my best as photography is a hobby that makes me happier.
Unfortunately financial crisis and low salaries (my low salary actually), discourage people from spending on hobbies -eg. in lenses- so im keen on using what i have as much as possible, or find good bargains for more equipment. Well I bought K3 after saving a lot... a lot lot... but i was recommeded to buy it as a value for money brand.

anyway i dont want to bother you with my personal stories, so,
Im very glad Pentaxians have their own community here and im looking forward to learning through your website!

Last edited by athanK3; 12-07-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added why i bought an ..expensive K3
12-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Thanassis
congrats on stretching your finances to the K-3 !
Plenty of excellent older Pentax lenses available for little money
Looking forward to seeing some pics from your photogenic country
Pete
12-09-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, how are things in Greece now, hopefully the austerity measures on the economy easing off a little for you now?
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
@Transit

thank you! Sure ill try to post as many as possible
Im interested in the older Pentax lenses, as they offer much in affordable price. The reviews here are very helpful.

@Kerrowdown

Hi! thank you for being positive. Things are tough the last 4-5 years (especially in unemployement/ salaries / pensions), we still have weak economy depending on loans. Many including me, hope the austerity measures will be easing off as there were dramatic changes unfortunately imposed by IMF not by ourselves... Anyway... we ll see ...still a lot of "difficutlies" ahead...
Some Greeks used to have had good days, but it was all fake, too manyloans and chaotic overspending led us here. Now everyone pays the "bill". Even if he hasnt gained anything from that "good" era.

Times are changing ... we are not the only ones who have financial problems in this world. We all "fight" in the same "battlefield".

12-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by athanK3 Quote
Many including me, hope the austerity measures will be easing off
Good to hear, that light at the end of the tunnel is now not an on coming train.