Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

fellow Pentaxians

Hello all from Georgia-
I think I qualify to be a Pentaxian.. my first SLR was a Miranda >> who remembers that? then graduated to an Olympus OM-1 with a match ring and needle. That will surely teach you exposure (especially when shooting concerts with crazy variable lighting LOL).. When the OM-1 was stolen my Pentax journey started.. with:
- Super ME.(still have it)
- ZX-5N (shot lots of weddings with it) and was reluctant to even move to digital,
- K-10D
- K-20D
- K-5
- now the K-3
- and more glass than I can carry

In fact I still have all of them. I am probably going to send the K-10D off to get it converted to IR.
this is a wonderful forum and the times I have posted, the responses have been patient and very knowledgeable

thanks all
Neal Grillot
Dublin Georgia

12-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like my journey. Nikon/Nikormat then of to a Spotmatic, ME Super, SF10, IstD, Ist DS, K100D, K10D and K5. And yes, more glass than a person can carry.
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Sounds like my journey. Nikon/Nikormat then of to a Spotmatic, ME Super, SF10, IstD, Ist DS, K100D, K10D and K5. And yes, more glass than a person can carry.
I forgot my *ist DL and *ist DS. the DS is the only one I parted with.
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dubsider Quote
I forgot my *ist DL and *ist DS. the DS is the only one I parted with.
The only one I'm sorry about is the IstD because it was the first Pentax DSLR. Had the battery grip too. Should have kept it.

12-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by dubsider Quote
I think I qualify to be a Pentaxian
Wellcome, yep it sounds like in Pentax terms you've "been there, done that, read the book, seen the film and got the t shirt".