Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #1

New to Forum, Not So New to Pentax

I'll try to keep this short...

Camera Stuff
Started taking pix in 1977 with my little 110. Got a ProgramPlus for HS graduation in '87. Been shooting with Pentax ever since. Recent purchase was the K-3 in April. Now to get a good replacement for my aging 28-135 Sigma (with permanent filter - I'm rough on equipment). More camera specs on profile (35mm, DSLR, 6cm, 4x5).

Personal
Wonderful wife and 2 darling angels at home (6yo & 5yo - same birthday). 3 older dogs that don't do very much. Daughter at college in Seattle. Son in HS in VA.

Work
IT stuff. Currently working for NATO in Kabul, Afghanistan.

12-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #2

Welcome!
12-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
12-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do you feel about bacon?

Welcome.

12-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
How do you feel about bacon?

Welcome.
Funny - love bacon - crispy but not brittle, thick cut preferred with eggs, biscuits, home fries, tons of pork gravy and a non-stop stream of strong coffee. Can't wait to get home - first meal Stateside is Cracker Barrel! (but I bring my own coffee)
12-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AntGut Quote
Funny - love bacon - crispy but not brittle, thick cut preferred with eggs, biscuits, home fries, tons of pork gravy and a non-stop stream of strong coffee. Can't wait to get home - first meal Stateside is Cracker Barrel! (but I bring my own coffee)
Welcome, welcome! But the real question is, how do you take your coffee?
12-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Welcome, welcome! But the real question is, how do you take your coffee?
Strong & cold. 2:1 (Folgers Black Silk : Medaglia D'oro Espresso), with a bit of hazelnut syrup and a splash of whole whipping cream. Looks like motor oil before the cream. When I'm home (not in a war-torn country) I drink about a half gallon a day (sometimes more).
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Strong & cold. 2:1 (Folgers Black Silk : Medaglia D'oro Espresso), with a bit of hazelnut syrup and a splash of whole whipping cream. Looks like motor oil before the cream. When I'm home (not in a war-torn country) I drink about a half gallon a day (sometimes more).
Haha, to each their own, I guess. In Norway, we prefer our coffee blacker than our soul :P

12-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #9

Legacy Pentax

Hi,

Currently using Nex-7 but I used to have a Pentax Program A+ in late 80's and early 90's (It was ruined when I jumped after my 2-year old daughter into lake to rescue her; the camera in hand ,of course). So I still have the zoom and some other legacy stuff that can be used with the Nex-7 using adapters as follows:
pentax-a35-70, kiron70-210, xr_rikenon50, petri28, petri55
and some puchased as second hand lately just to test them with a digital camera:
canonfd24ssc, chinon28, chinon200, sigmazoom-e28-70, sigmazoom-k70-210

Anybody else using any of these?
12-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Haha, to each their own, I guess. In Norway, we prefer our coffee blacker than our soul :P
Knew that - one of the guys I worked with (his name really is Thor) made it pitch black. He and I were the only ones that would drink it. Good stuff.
12-11-2014, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
I'll try to keep this short...
Welcome to the forum, no need... we can all put the forum on pause while we go make another cuppa.
« New Member | hi »