Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #1

New Pentax User Love my K50

Hi everyone..... I'm a new member and a new K50 user. I sold my Sony Nex 5N and bought my K50. My husband has been a Pentax user for many many years and so I did some researching. He had a K7 and also a K5. He bought a K50 because no matter where we went he kept using mine. lt came today and he could not be happier. I'm sure he'll join the forums. Looking forward to taking, I hope, some great pictures with my new camera and learning whatever I can learn about photography in general. I bought the Pentax SMC DA 18-55mm ALWR and the Sigma APO DG 70-300mm 1:4-5.6. Jim had a 200mm lens that he gave me because he had 2 of them, so now my wish list is for a HUGE Lens to take pics of wild animals from far away Wishful thinking Took this picture today, after the rain all day, we were rewarded with this beautiful double rainbow

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
12-11-2014, 02:41 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Great camera!

I have been using Pentax camera for a few years starting with the *istDS., the K-7 and the K-5. Now my wife bought me the K-50 for my birthday, it arrived just today and minutes after arrival we experienced a rainbow and stormy sky sunset. My wife is thrilled and so am I. Love Pentax DSLR family.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.png
12-11-2014, 03:24 AM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum and the world of Pentax.

Great idea each having a Pentax camera. You will have no trouble choosing birthday and anniversary presents for one another! And no trouble justifying your latest lens purchase!

The really long lens for wildlife is a tough choice. Not a huge range of Pentax-mount options above 300mm. FA 400 f5.6 and DA 560 are really expensive. Most people end up either with third party brands - Sigma have a number of zooms and a few good primes - or using one of the Pentax 300mm primes with a teleconverter.
12-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, until you get your big lens... you'll have to learn to creep about in stealth mode to get closer to your subjects.