Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Your most welcome, you will soon find to your disadvantage... that we are all very good here at helping folk spend their money... LBA, CBA etc etc.
LOL .. heavy on LBA here Lense buying addiction right ! that's how I found this forum a while back .. so much information and feedback on lenses including the vintage stuff. Then discovery of all the other great parts of the site made it a favourite read and learn fest. Love it.

12-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew_LHIFI Quote
Pixel Pitch madness - maybe - on my end

Subjective - maybe it's just some people that notice it .. probably debatable - but I have talked to a few Nikon pros .. and they have not been keen on D800's IQ (pixel /pitch 4.7) .. and still prefer D3 and D700's (both with larger pixel / pitch 8.45). As for the Sony A7 S - they're selling a 2014 model year - 12 MP cam w/ the pixel /pitch of 8.3 with the sell point of the other bonus of larger PP .. high ISO performance (off the charts). I dunno .. I've compared .. I side on the larger PP /pixel pitch end.

ps.
Beautiful shot Rimfire ! Puts me in a better place. It's all white where I'm at .. ughh winter. Hey see you're a shooter ... just trying to get into that as well. I'm down in Texas on business quite a bit - and folks down there are getting me hooked on target shooting.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/282546-hi-montr...#ixzz3LnTv2SI8
It's pretty white here in Pennsylvania too. Good luck with your shooting.
12-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bienvenue! Quite a collection of camera equipment you have! We love Montreal, and this time last year we were there for a week. I loved it, and it was really cold. I've been there twice since, and that has been typical the last few years, Great city. Looking forward to seeing more of your photographs!
David
12-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Bienvenue! Quite a collection of camera equipment you have! We love Montreal, and this time last year we were there for a week. I loved it, and it was really cold. I've been there twice since, and that has been typical the last few years, Great city. Looking forward to seeing more of your photographs!
David
Hey thanks David! It's been a good start in Montreal this year - not like last year .. brrr... So far we're good, we had our 16 inches of snow .. in 1 day .. but at least it's been mild ~ 30 fahrenheit for the past week and upcoming.

Looking forward to making new friends and building my knowledge and presence on Pentax forums

12-14-2014, 12:48 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Andrew.
I spent a week in Montreal a couple of months ago - great city, lots of photographic opportunities.
Here are a couple of photos from the visit:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
12-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VladM Quote
Welcome to the forum Andrew.
I spent a week in Montreal a couple of months ago - great city, lots of photographic opportunities.
Here are a couple of photos from the visit:
Hey thanks Vlad ! I think I can see my office from one of the shots. I work in the so called Multi Media city right by the port . Great captures (port and mountain)! That 17-70 F4 Pentax is a great walk around lense + IQ . Nice perspectives on your shots as well. PS. My sister travels to Melbourne on business 6-8 times a year - loves it ! Gotta go down 1 year She keeps telling me how gorgeous it is. Have to lend her a cam so she can take more and better shots. If you're ever back in Montreal - let me know - it would be a pleasure to hook up. Cheers.
12-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yo Andrew_LHIFI ! ! ! Hello from a neighbor in Longueuil ! ! ! !

Welcome to the forum...... this forum is great.

It is great because of all the great people here and the great help thy provide on any kind of question.

Enjoy !

12-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
Yo Andrew_LHIFI ! ! ! Hello from a neighbor in Longueuil ! ! ! !

Welcome to the forum...... this forum is great.

It is great because of all the great people here and the great help thy provide on any kind of question.

Enjoy !
Salut Devouges et merci ! C'est tellement bon de voir les voisins quebecois sur le forum

Small world - I really appreciate all the welcomes !! I think I'll be set in 2015 with this forum and perhaps joining a local photo club for outings, ideas, and fun as well.
12-15-2014, 12:30 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew_LHIFI Quote
Hey thanks Vlad ! I think I can see my office from one of the shots. I work in the so called Multi Media city right by the port . Great captures (port and mountain)! That 17-70 F4 Pentax is a great walk around lense + IQ . Nice perspectives on your shots as well. PS. My sister travels to Melbourne on business 6-8 times a year - loves it ! Gotta go down 1 year She keeps telling me how gorgeous it is. Have to lend her a cam so she can take more and better shots. If you're ever back in Montreal - let me know - it would be a pleasure to hook up. Cheers.
Glad you like my photos Andrew.
If I ever get to Montreal again (quite unlikely at this stage) will try and get in touch with you.
Similarly, if you make your way to Melbourne, send me a PM and I will be glad to touch base and do a photographic tour of the city with you.