Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings and Salutations from Croatia

Proud to become a member of this Community. I am waiting for my K-50 Pentax after I use Canon, Practica, Minolta, Zenith and Olympus mostly film cameras almost all of my life.

Now after a gap of 8 years and with use of some budget Compact Canon I'm happy to be back in a real world, but this time as a Pentaxian.

For a budget I hold I could not find better match than K-50 with kit lenses, as a startup package. I can't afford pro level now, but for the price Nikon or Canon simply lacks so much of those Pentax offer in that price range.

Not so much new lenses on the market, but as Pentax allows to use so many old genereation great optics (and from third party), this was also important for my decision.

I hope will enjoy this community and learn more about photography from here.

Sorry for grammar, my English is not so good, but hope it is at least understandable.

Gunnar

12-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the K50 once you get your hands on her.
12-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Welcome Gunnar. I think you will really appreciate the Pentax system and this forum. So many great members to help you out. PS. Don't sell your old lenses too fast - Pentax digital is excellent for old manual focus lenses as well. Low $ adapters will keep them in service for many more years.
12-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew_LHIFI Quote
Welcome Gunnar. I think you will really appreciate the Pentax system and this forum. So many great members to help you out. PS. Don't sell your old lenses too fast - Pentax digital is excellent for old manual focus lenses as well. Low $ adapters will keep them in service for many more years.
Thnx a lot Andrew, but unfortunately 4 years ago I sold bunch of great primes I had but I'm happy to enter the second hand market for good old optics

Also, Kerrowdown thnx for welcome msg

12-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF Gunnar. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.