Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi from England (actually Danish)

hi guys.
My name is Cliff, I'm a Dane residing in the UK. I'm 27 years old.

I don't have a lot of experience with photography, only shooting for a few months. But I've spent countless hours reading theory and absorbing other photographers' tips.

I have to admit the way I see the world has changed for the better.
I decided when I took up photography, that I would learn in manual mode, it felt cruel in the beginning, but soon it all started making sense and now it's the only thing I know.

I have two cameras at my disposal, an old Olympus dslr, which seems very slow, dark viewfinder, cdaf is incredibly slow, and the phase detection will just do in most situations, I tend to only use this when testing out an idea based on settings.

My other camera is an Olympus stylus 1, it's a bridge, but quite capable, it features two dials which I love. When I started looking for an upgrade it became a must for me to have those included.

Needless to say I'm here now on the forums because I've got my eyes set on the k3, which looks like a camera that's so feature rich, I'll be exploring the functions for a very long time.

I hope I haven't bored everybody.
Also thanks you pentaxians! You're a bunch of very friendly helpful guys and gals.

Forgot to add: I realise the pentax k3 is an incredibly complicated camera, I'm confident I can learn to get a long with it

12-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from another Dane (who happens to live in the US)!

The K-3 can be overwhelming at first but starting out with all settings at their default at first and using green mode provides a less complicated way of getting started. Then move on to Av mode where you can control the depth of field by setting the aperture yourself and letting the camera do the rest.
12-15-2014, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Hi again! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
12-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #4

Welcome from another Dane - Living in Denmark :-)
I canīt comment on the K3 - Because I was cheap (or afraid of my wife), and bought the K5II on sale a mont ago. But I can agree that there is a lot to learn. I havenīt really had possibility to use it yet, but have made one (crazy) decision - It will only be used in manuel :-)

12-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the K3 once you get round to getting it.
12-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Genesis Quote
Welcome from another Dane - Living in Denmark :-)
I canīt comment on the K3 - Because I was cheap (or afraid of my wife), and bought the K5II on sale a mont ago. But I can agree that there is a lot to learn. I havenīt really had possibility to use it yet, but have made one (crazy) decision - It will only be used in manuel :-)
haha yes! That's exactly the position I was in. I've negotiated a lot with my girlfriend and feel I can safely buy it without heading for an early grave .

So far the Christmas presents are taken care off. I get paid on Christmas eve, perfect for a present for myself . Like you I enjoy manual mode too much. The biggest difference for me will be the viewfinder, going from an evf with instant depth of field to an ovf. I'll have to have a play with the dof preview switch.

I can't wait to get it!