Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Missed it

I missed the give-away, and I'm extremely disappointed. I received no notifications that I had to return to confirm. I'd checked back before the weekend, and the counter wasn't at 3 million yet. There's no other way I will be able to afford this lens now or in the near future, so I'm bowing out. You can all go and bully me now.

12-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a shame if you "bow out" of the forums; as you will be missing some great information and nice people that love helping others. Certainly no one is going to "bully you". No one received notification, however there was a very prominent thread concerning the give away; and clicking on that thread simply told everyone to just post to confirm.

We hope you will stay around & participate in these great forums!
12-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
It's a shame if you "bow out" of the forums; as you will be missing some great information and nice people that love helping others. Certainly no one is going to "bully you". No one received notification, however there was a very prominent thread concerning the give away; and clicking on that thread simply told everyone to just post to confirm.

We hope you will stay around & participate in these great forums!
An e-mail was sent out to everyone 48 hours ago. I'll agree, though, that the giveaway ended much sooner than expected!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ohhh, sorry Adam; I completely forgot about the e-mail notification!

12-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tapenx Worth 2 Quote
I missed the give-away, and I'm extremely disappointed. I received no notifications that I had to return to confirm. I'd checked back before the weekend, and the counter wasn't at 3 million yet. There's no other way I will be able to afford this lens now or in the near future, so I'm bowing out. You can all go and bully me now.
You lost nothing.
12-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
You lost nothing.
Trust me, you'd feel differently if you really can't afford it, and you missed out on even being in the draw.
12-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Trust me, you'd feel differently if you really can't afford it, and you missed out on even being in the draw.
A good many of us cannot afford this eyepiece; including me. All my equipment was bought used here. I have no dream of winning; but it's really nice of the Pentax forums to give this away. Not winning, is not going to make me bitter; rather I simply will continue on enjoying these great forums.

As Adam pointed out, which I had forgotten, e-mails were sent to members; did you not read yours?

12-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One chance out of 2854...
12-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nicoprod Quote
One chance out of 2854...
I knew when I posted that it would be seen as a free-for-all, so please, keep on hitting. It doesn't even hurt much.
12-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I knew when I posted that it would be seen as a free-for-all, so please, keep on hitting. It doesn't even hurt much.
I'm just saying don't be too disappointed. Plus there are other 30ish lenses that perform great.
12-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I did not even enter, yet got an email about my entry. Or maybe it was the "Wrapped" contest, which I did not enter, either.

I have a Sigma 30, so I'm set.
12-15-2014, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

I didn't get the email, didn't win the lens... so what? Do you have any idea how many of us didn't win? Did you come here just to win a free lens?
12-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Missed it
That's unfortunate, please don't be too down, do try to enjoy the rest of the forum here, and Seasons Greetings to you and yours.