Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #1

Hi! New K20D owner from New York City!

Hi all.

I just got my first DSLR Pentax K20d last week while I was in Taiwan. I usually buy a new point and shoot compact every 6 months and my photos always sucked compared to other tourists I see so I decided to take the plunge.

The last straw was Viet-Nam in the Cu Chi tunnels where I couldn't take any pics in the tunnels without my flash overexposing or me getting nothing and I ended up borrowing my korean friends' Canon Rebel something to take pics. His flash would go off twice and I'd get a clear picture in the tunnel. Never saw the 2 flash thing before but after reading this forum and a few other sites, now I know (mostly I think).

Well I figured that I wouldn't buy another new camera for 4 years after this baby but... there are I$$UE$... The issue is that I need more len$e$ and acce$$orie$!

Now I find the in camera flash isn't so great so I was going to get the Pentax AF540fgz but THANKS TO THIS BOARD I am going straight for the Metz 58. I am so glad no store gave me a good price on the af540fgz in Taiwan or else I'd have been stuck with a problem child flash.

I am going to post soon for advice on the lens and any other equipment I need in the other forum. My needs are quite varied and a little "unorthodox" so please be kind.

kiamon

05-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hello and welcome from
Down Under!
05-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Body is a start then comes accessories then comes LBA

Then a pause then more LBA

Welcome and have fun

cheers