Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Germany!

Hi there!
I'm Rubinchen from Germany, 23 years old and a new user in this forum.
In 2012 I owned an used Pentax K 200D with the kit-objectiv. Later I shopped the Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 and now I'm waiting for my Rikoh 50mm f/1.7, wich is -like you might know- an old lens.
I'm excited if this is will work good.

Ps: sorry for my english, it's only school-english and languages weren't my favourite lessons
reading and understanding is okay, writing naaah

01-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Willkommen Rubinchen! Mein Deutsche is mehr schade dann ihrer English! Bitte, post ihrer bilder!

I hope that wasn't too bad. Whatever I learned was 50 years ago!
01-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rubinchen Quote
Hi there!
I'm Rubinchen from Germany, 23 years old and a new user in this forum.
In 2012 I owned an used Pentax K 200D with the kit-objectiv. Later I shopped the Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 and now I'm waiting for my Rikoh 50mm f/1.7, wich is -like you might know- an old lens.
I'm excited if this is will work good.

Ps: sorry for my english, it's only school-english and languages weren't my favourite lessons
reading and understanding is okay, writing naaah
Welcome to the forum. I have no experience with that particular lens but I believe that is the "Ricoh Rekinon 50mm f1.7"? To my understanding it is a K-Mount lens and will fit Pentax bodies however, be careful of the so called "Rico Pin" (if it has one) that can get then lens stuck on the body.
01-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you!
@ wtlwdwgn: it doesn't matter how good it is, doesn't it? The main thing is understanding each other
@K57XR: yes, it's the Ricoh Rekinon 50mm f1.7 according to my recherche it will fit. Thank you for your advice with the Rico Pin thing, i didn't knew that it could make problems!

01-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #5

Welcome Rubinchen.
Those old prime lenses can still provide good image quality, but manual focus can be hard especially when it is dark. I have the Ricoh 50mm f/2, which should be similar to yours. Mine had the mentioned Ricoh Pin. But it is not hard to remove, you only need a screwdriver. Also you might need to change a setting in the camera to be able to shoot with old lenses that dont have any data contacts.
I hope you will enjoy your new lens.
01-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome. I use a Pentax k7 and have several Ricoh lenses and have no problems at all with the "Ricoh pin". On all my Ricoh lenses the pin tip is rounded but on some images I have seen the pin has a flat end. I believe it is the flat pin that causes the problem. I cannot gaurantee your lens camera combo will be ok however. Check your lens before mounting. There are several posts detailing modifications if needed. Good luck and remember to alter your camera setting to allow shutter release when lens not Set to A. Option C6 - 38 on the K7
01-03-2015, 03:02 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, aye foreign language lessons were never much fun, but your well understood here my friend.