Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello!!

My name is Elizabeth (Liz), and I am looking at getting a DSLR. My father had passed away in 2006, and I inherited his camera after my mom realized that I had a passion for photography. He had a very old Model S1 that he took excellent care of, and I am tempted to get a Pentax DSLR so I can continue to use his lenses. I did have an opportunity to use a K1000 about 10 years ago for my physics professor. I took B/W photos, and then learned how to hand-develop the negatives and subsequent prints. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the camera. My interests are primarily wildlife, including macro of insects. I also like nature scenes in general, and also getting the obligatory shots of my young 17 month old son as well!! For the past 4 years, I have used a Canon S1 IS, and although it takes excellent pictures, I have outgrown its capabilities and am looking for a more professional camera. For the past 3-4 months, I have done nothing but shoot in manual mode, and really enjoy the control I have on exposures.

05-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drevilsmom Quote
My name is Elizabeth (Liz), and I am looking at getting a DSLR. My father had passed away in 2006, and I inherited his camera after my mom realized that I had a passion for photography. He had a very old Model S1 that he took excellent care of, and I am tempted to get a Pentax DSLR so I can continue to use his lenses. I did have an opportunity to use a K1000 about 10 years ago for my physics professor. I took B/W photos, and then learned how to hand-develop the negatives and subsequent prints. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the camera. My interests are primarily wildlife, including macro of insects. I also like nature scenes in general, and also getting the obligatory shots of my young 17 month old son as well!! For the past 4 years, I have used a Canon S1 IS, and although it takes excellent pictures, I have outgrown its capabilities and am looking for a more professional camera. For the past 3-4 months, I have done nothing but shoot in manual mode, and really enjoy the control I have on exposures.
Welcome, Elizabeth. I suggest you check out the Marketplace forum here. There is good stuff showing up there frequently. It seems to be a bit more ethical than some of the eBay sellers.