Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #1

Greetings from Victoria, BC, Canada

Hi everyone! I recently went on a month long backpacking trip across Japan , and decided to pick up a DSLR for the trip. That was it, I was completely hooked. I originally bought a Canon Rebel T5i which was ok for a first time user but I was there during the tail end of the rainy season and there were two or three days where I couldn't really snap too many photos due to the weather. That's when my dad came to the rescue and once I got back to Canada, he gave me his Pentax K5. A steep learning curve on that one, lol. But I love it, and I keep it by my side at all times.

So, what I'm planning on doing here. Due to the nature of my work I travel the world.....a lot..... That and ample holidays, hehe.
I am a firm believer of going off the beaten path, and when in Rome, doing as the Romans do.

Like I said before, I have just skimmed the surface of what these cameras can do, please be patient with my questions, haha.

Thank you for accepting me into this forum, I am looking forward to learning from you all.

Cheers!

Sasha

01-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Sasha, glad to have you join us! If shooting in the rain, etc.; be sure you also have lenses that are WR (weather resistant), to complete the weather resistance of the camera; or shoot with a "rain coat" cover for your outfit. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos!
01-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to have you aboard, for many of us, this is our National Geographic. It brings places we will never see, and things we will never home, right into our homes. Better entertainment than TV.

And , let me pre-empt the "what lens should I buy?" by saying DA 18-135 WR. Others will try and sell you their favourite lens, don't listen to those guys, they don't know what they're talking about.

(Normhead has adopted a "first strike" policy. )
01-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. The weather resistance of Pentax makes life that much better!

01-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha81 Quote
I recently went on a month long backpacking trip across Japan
Welcome aboard, I'm looking forward to seeing images from this trip.
01-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
What'chu lookin at

Photos: Gallery
Hello! Always good to meet another Victoria pentax user!
01-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
hello and welcome. Always great to see another BC shooter
01-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Welcome from Alabama!