Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2015, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #1

First the Pentax Q, now the MX1, what's next?

I bought a Pentax Q out of impulse, never knew what it's strengths and weaknesses are but I knew this little pocket had something special. It came with the 01 lens and it did shoot fairly well. After reading through the forums about the lenses it has I bought the 03 and fell in love with the Q even more. It's one of the widest lenses I've had. While thinking of a new item to purchase, I've read about the MX1 and saw the macro shots and portraits from some of our users here in and I immediately placed an order of a new pentax MX1 and had it shipped right away here in the Philippines. There's something with Pentax that really caught my heart, so much for being a canon user for years. I guess my canon's gonna be in the shelf for now.

Here are some pics of the Q and the 1st pic of the MX1.

Pentax Q

Pentax MX1

01-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just bought a Q and hope I have as much fun with it as you do.
01-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've never owned the MX1, but the Q is all kinds of awesome. As long as you keep your ISO down, image quality is very good. And that 03 lens is great fun to shoot with. It's probably my favorite lens for the Q. Glad you're enjoying yourself!
01-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome here, those really are some "wide" shots.

01-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I just bought a Q and hope I have as much fun with it as you do.
Im sure you will what lens are you using?

---------- Post added 01-13-15 at 06:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
I've never owned the MX1, but the Q is all kinds of awesome. As long as you keep your ISO down, image quality is very good. And that 03 lens is great fun to shoot with. It's probably my favorite lens for the Q. Glad you're enjoying yourself!
I'm having a better time with the Q than my canon, quality may be a little than the canon but the enjoyment that you get with the Q is different

---------- Post added 01-13-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome here, those really are some "wide" shots.
Thank you I have been mastering the 03 for quite sometime as this is only a manual lens.
01-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Originally posted by Rimfiredude I just bought a Q and hope I have as much fun with it as you do.
Im sure you will what lens are you using?

I just have the 02 zoom. I just wanted a camera I could carry with me at all times.