Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 09:49 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Hola, from warm and sunny Puerto Rico!

Hola, from warm and sunny Puerto Rico!
Finally signed in after more than a year of visiting this forum regularly. It is a great forum, with excellent information for beginners, enthusiasts, and pro’s. I’m in my 50’s +. My first camera was a Minolta Maxxum 7Xi AF SLR, didn’t really like it, but did buy a used Minolta MD SLR and loved it. After that I started in the digital world with Fujifilm, then back to the Minolta with the A1 which I enjoyed very much. It had good ergonomics, was small, lots of controls at your fingertips, but noisy images. Next, the well-known Lumix FZ-50. But still not so good image quality. Jumped to the DSLR world for the first time with a Canon Rebel Xsi. Much better images and very decisive autofocus. Had it for many years until I decided to go for better IQ. I practice backpacking and lots of hiking, so I was looking for something small and easy to pack. Panasonic again, yes a mirror less GH2. With a zoom lens that was heavier and bigger than the Pentax 55-300. I ended up selling it in about 3 months because the ergonomics were just unacceptable for me. That’s how I learned about Pentax DSLR’s, not that I was unaware of the existence of the brand and it’s many great SLR’s including the k1000 but as you know Canikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony and others invest more in publicity these days. But for the people that like to immerse themselves in research and reviews, to find the right tool, well there it was, the almost perfect K-30. So know I have a K3, by far the best camera I’ve ever had. Still getting used to it, so many useful features, just great! Well that’s it for now. I’ll try to post a couple of images here.
PD. I am a Spanish speaker, apologize for any errors.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
01-18-2015, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello and welcome! Puerto Rico is my love forever! Always beautiful. Always special and welcoming.
Don't hesitate to post more!

01-19-2015, 06:13 AM   #3

Awesome is so nice to see a fellow bori here I live in Salinas and new to the dsrl world and looking to get a K50 or k3 those are beautiful photos my name is Arnaldo hope to see more and learn from you
01-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and an excellent introduction! Looking forward to seeing some more of your images.

01-20-2015, 05:43 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Caribe Quote
warm and sunny Puerto Rico!
Welcome, what a colourful place to live, judging by your images.
03-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OTRO BORICUA a bordo!!!!!!!
Saludos desde Arecibo!