Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Greetings from UK

Hi Everyone,

I have always loved Asahi Pentax cameras. Not just for some great film cameras, but especially for the glass. I love Bokeh and my 50mm 1.4 is my favourite for 135. Using an Asahi Pentax KX or K1000SE, cameras I keep with me on short trips etc. But if I am really going for it I prefer my medium format (120) 6x7 MLU or 67II. The 67II is recent and I love the convenience of it. More than the cameras I love my (often radioactive) 6x7 lenses. The 45mm, 105mm, 165mm and 300mm. I also got a 200mm but that is going up for sale as I hardly use it. My big (unafordable) wish is to get a later model 400mm lens. Think of me when making your will.

I do shoot both film and digital. However, for digital I use a Ca... 6D. I don't think I will change over to Pentax for digital, but who knows. Subject matter of what I shoot ranges. I am a mere mortal amateur and although I just sold a work don't do this commercially. Family, holidays, etc. I do prefer my nature, landscapes, city and macro. However, I am going to try to do some model work as well. Old man camera young model... sure why not . I will try to do it all but I think portrait and facial expressions will be my preference.

So, who else is in the UK? I'm in Worthing, near Brighton.

Regards,

Kris

01-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Kris! The (cough) 6D is a fine camera. In fact I'm playing around with a rented one right now. It'd be better if it were made by Pentax though. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
01-23-2015, 06:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
01-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KvH Quote
My big (unaffordable) wish is to get
Welcome to the forum, sounds like your nurturing your LBA along quite nicely there.