Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2015, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Picchic in Colorado

I'm a career Pentax pro photographer based in Colorado. I took a detour to Canon for 10 years until Ricoh-Pentax brought new cameras in recent years. I tested and represented Pentax for the introduction of the PZ-1 cameras with my speciality of Ski sports action and fine art photography.
I've still got my Pentax big glass and other great lenses.

I'm happy to access this forum to answer my questions about using the various manual lenses with new DSLR cameras. My goal is to
decide whether to commit to Pentax again.

01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #2

I like the new K-3. Good to have you aboard.
01-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

If you have 'A' lenses or autofocus Pentax lenses, you will find them fully supported, and will work just as they always did. The only exception I can think of is that the special power zoom modes are not supported on lenses that had the Pz contacts (now generally called "SDM contacts" and used for controlling in-lens focus motors on some lenses), although basic power zooming still works.

Of course the field-of-view is cropped on the current DSLRs compared to film, but sounds like that may change soon with a rumored full-frame model. With M-glass or screw mounts, there are a few extra hoops to jump through, but they can also be used easily enough...
01-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by picchic Quote
I'm a career Pentax pro photographer
Welcome to the forum, your insights will I'm sure be most interesting.