Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #1

Hello to all from Croatia!

My name is Tomislav, 28 years young, and I currently live in the capital of Croatia, Zagreb.

I have always had interest in photography, but never had time nor money to get into it like I would have liked to.
But, the time has finally come, and I was able to purchase used K-7 with 18-55mm kit lens + 32GB card + carrying bag. Body has around 6000 shuts on it.
I should have my new love in my hands tomorrow. I hope everything is fine with it, as I was not able to try it out before purchase.

Till now, I've only had one, very cheap, Kodak point-and-shoot digital camera. So, I'm complete beginner in the world of photography.
Few weeks ago, I've started my search for a DSLR camera. I've started reading a lot about DSLR cameras and photography. Gone through numerous reviews and compares...
And, I don't know why, but in the sea of Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus cameras, I fell in love with Pentax.
First, I was searching for K-10, but then, this K-7 showed up. It was a bit out of my budget, but considering it is 2 generations more advanced camera, I decided to go for it and I hope I was not wrong.

Now I'm roaming through ebay, and local adds, searching for low budget, manual focus lenses of different types and focal lengths to get me started.
I want to play and learn as much as I can about photography and what it takes to get good results.

While searching for lenses, I've read a lot of good user reviews on this forum, so I decided to join in.

Hope to have a good time and learn a lot.

Cheers!

01-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pozz
Welcome to the firum!
01-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Pozz
Welcome to the firum!
Pozdrav sosed!
01-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Raziel Quote
So, I'm complete beginner in the world of photography.
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the journey as well as your photography along the way.

01-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! The K-7 is an advanced camera you can grow with for a long time. Great in good light, and not half bad in low light if you just treat her right. You're in for a great trip

Oh, and 6000 clicks is almost like brand new.
01-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raziel Quote
Pozdrav sosed!
Zdravo! Sedli vi mast onli spik ingliš hir, bat aj ken sej prijatno čitanje!
01-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome, and thanks for the intro! The K-7 is an advanced camera you can grow with for a long time. Great in good light, and not half bad in low light if you just treat her right. You're in for a great trip

Oh, and 6000 clicks is almost like brand new.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Well, I got my hands on K-7 today. It looks ok. Few scratches here and there on the body, nothing serious. Dirty lens... Obviously not so careful previous owner. But all in all, condition is very good.
Only thing that bothers me is dust or something like dust in the viewfinder. I suppose it's on the focus screen. I've read a lot about that problem here on the forum, and I think I'll have to live with it. Maybe I'll take focus screen out for cleaning some day, but not now.
Yesterday, I was able to snatch, for a bargin price on ebay, TOKINA SD 70-210mm f/4-5.6, manual focus. I think it will be good for my learning curve. I'm also looking for some old prime lenses with fast aperture to go with it.

I'm now preparing things for firmware update, and I'll have to clean lens + body when I get all the things I need for cleaning. After all that is done, I can go out and play!

I was playing a bit today indoors, in low light conditions, in manual mode with manual focus, and I can just say that it is all that I had hoped for. I think we'll have good times, my Pentax and me!

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Zdravo! Sedli vi mast onli spik ingliš hir, bat aj ken sej prijatno čitanje!
Hvala!
Well, it is ok for English to be mandatory on an international forum. But I think we can greet each other in our own language.

Last edited by Raziel; 02-02-2015 at 02:42 AM.
01-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome! Sounds like you got a great camera. I too use the old film K mount lenses on mine. Not bad if you don't mind to focus and set aperture manually.