01-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #1

Hi from Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hi everyone,

I chose Pentax over Nikon/ Canon because of few things:
- Weather Resistance gears,
- Body based shake reductions,
- Very good image quality at low price,
- I like to stand out from the crowd.

However, started my Journey on September 2014. Took awesome photos in Indonesia, and in USA. But after that found that my DA 18-135 auto focus is not working. Also, in my K5 IIs, the electronic leveling is not working. However, I continued my journey after buying a DAL 50-200.

I bought the DA 18-135 lens from Amazon.com USA (through DavisMaxx). Its been only 4 months. Any idea how can I get it fixed? or avail warranty? I really loved the photos it produced till it worked. I am living in Bangladesh now. But I can easily ship it to USA.

01-31-2015, 12:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Contact the seller first is what I would do and they should point you in the right direction.
01-31-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andalib13 Quote
Hi everyone,

However, started my Journey on September 2014. Took awesome photos in Indonesia, and in USA. But after that found that my DA 18-135 auto focus is not working. Also, in my K5 IIs, the electronic leveling is not working. However, I continued my journey after buying a DAL 50-200.

I bought the DA 18-135 lens from Amazon.com USA (through DavisMaxx). Its been only 4 months. Any idea how can I get it fixed? or avail warranty? I really loved the photos it produced till it worked. I am living in Bangladesh now. But I can easily ship it to USA.
I cannot assist you with the information you need. However, I would certainly like to welcome you to the forum. I spent some time as an international business consultant in Bangladesh, and the country certainly offers some excellent photography opportunities, and I will look forward to some of your future postings. My two trips to Bangladesh back in the 1980s was with the Pentax K-1000, and somewhere buried in my boxes and files are many photos from those trips.

Welcome to the forum, and I can only hope you find it as valuable as I have.
01-31-2015, 04:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard!

01-31-2015, 05:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Contact the seller first is what I would do and they should point you in the right direction.
Thanks for your suggestion, I sent them an email. But they didn't reply. I'll try to call them. Lets see...

---------- Post added 01-31-15 at 06:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I cannot assist you with the information you need. However, I would certainly like to welcome you to the forum. I spent some time as an international business consultant in Bangladesh, and the country certainly offers some excellent photography opportunities, and I will look forward to some of your future postings. My two trips to Bangladesh back in the 1980s was with the Pentax K-1000, and somewhere buried in my boxes and files are many photos from those trips.

Welcome to the forum, and I can only hope you find it as valuable as I have.
Its good to know that you have interest in Bangladesh. I have 2 albums in my flickr that contains photo from Bangladesh:

Nijhum Dwip Trip (Photos taken by Fujifilm SL1000)

Bandarban Trip (Photos taken by Pentax K5 IIs)

---------- Post added 01-31-15 at 06:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Welcome aboard!
Thanks! I made a very shaky start. Lens AF not working, and camera body's electronic level not working in just 4 months! But still hanging in there...
01-31-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for your suggestion, I sent them an email. But they didn't reply. I'll try to call them. Lets se
Well hopefully they will soon reply and advise you of what you should do so. Also welcome to forum I forgot that it was your first post previously.
01-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your repairs.

02-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Well hopefully they will soon reply and advise you of what you should do so. Also welcome to forum I forgot that it was your first post previously.
Thank you! I will update on what happens!

---------- Post added 02-02-15 at 10:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your repairs.
Thank you! Lets see what happens!
05-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
Forum Member

Hi everyone,

Welcome from Bangladesh.
Looking forward to see your captured photos by your Pentax Gear. Please do join the Bangladeshi Pentaxians group within this pentaxforums.com and also our exclusive Pentax Fan Club Bangladesh group in Facebook. We would love to see your captured photos and hear your thoughts about digital photography and Pentax in Bangladesh.
05-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
I chose Pentax over Nikon/ Canon because of few things:- Weather Resistance gears,- Body based shake reductions,- Very good image quality at low price,- I like to stand out from the crowd.

Hi andalib. Welcome to the Pentax forums. They are all excellent reasons to choose Pentax, but I think you left off the most important reason. They are great cameras !!! Good luck.
05-28-2016, 09:54 PM   #11

Original Poster
Just an update in this thread. I shipped back my lens (DA 18-135) to precision camera USA, and they fixed it for free. I still have the electronic leveling functionality damaged in my K5 - IIs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pictora Quote
Welcome from Bangladesh.
Looking forward to see your captured photos by your Pentax Gear. Please do join the Bangladeshi Pentaxians group within this pentaxforums.com and also our exclusive Pentax Fan Club Bangladesh group in Facebook. We would love to see your captured photos and hear your thoughts about digital photography and Pentax in Bangladesh.
Its really nice to see pentax users are growing in Bangladesh. Here are some of my photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/andalib13

---------- Post added 05-29-16 at 10:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi andalib. Welcome to the Pentax forums. They are all excellent reasons to choose Pentax, but I think you left off the most important reason. They are great cameras !!! Good luck.
Thanks, they really are great cameras!!!