Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #1

Hello from Adairsville, Georgia

I was bitten by the shutterbug back in 1979 when I was in college. For most of that time, I've used 35mm SLR's, mostly my trusty old Canon AE-1P. I upgraded to a Sigma SA-7 and a Pentax ZX-5n - I couldn't decide which was better, so I ordered both, and fell in love with both. Sadly, this took place just as the DSLR was coming into its own at the time. I finally bit the bullet and went digital with my Pentax K20D a few years ago. Wow! I love it, and I love how I am saving a ton of money on film and development. I just got a AF-540FGZ flash this last Christmas and am looking forward to learning flash photography. Up until now, almost all of my photography has been landscape and travel pictures. I want to learn how to do portraits and model photography now that I have a flash. I am hoping that as I grow in this new area of photography that I will be adding to my lighting equipment.

01-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you.
01-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, I'm a fan of the K20Ds too, they get used on a daily basis here.
01-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome. I'm about 8 miles West of Camilla, Ga. in Mitchell Co. Southwest part of the State, about 50 miles from the Florida line. I've had the K200, K7, K10 and K5, but no K20. Right now all I've got is the K10 and K5. I'm really into macro, insects, flowers and such.