Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 152
Noob from Sweden

Hello. I´m not really new to photographing but certainly to more " advanced " photographing. Had different cameras all my life, both compact and reflex ones, but just used them for "point and shoot" with varying results Since I´m now finishing my professional career in life, I´ve decided to learn more about making photos. Hence I´ve bought a K5lls to play around with. Had a Kx witch I´ve given to my daughter who´s really a much better photographer than me, but am keeping my old K1000...Since I love birds and live where there´s plenty, I think that´s the thing I´ll start with. Difficult I think and a great challenge, but I´ve lots of time so why not...I´ve allready been reading a bit on this site and think there´s a lot of knowledge to be had here. Looking forwards to more of that

02-03-2015, 05:27 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,585
QuoteOriginally posted by rednax Quote
Since I´m now finishing my professional career in life
Welcome to the forum, well if that's like retirement... you will now have the time to enjoy your photography.
02-03-2015, 05:50 AM   #3
Yos
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 533
Välkommen/Welcome to PF mate. Good to see another Swede here on the forum!
Hope to see some pictures from you part of the country.
Cheers
Josef
02-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,724
Welcome to the forum.....

QuoteOriginally posted by rednax Quote
Since I love birds and live where there´s plenty, I think that´s the thing I´ll start with
Check out this thread...... over 1000 pages almost all with at least a few bird images...


Or this one, for us guys with back yard feeders....

Or the Birds in Flight thread for the hotshots....

02-03-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member
JayBee451's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 379
Glad that you could join us.
Welcome on board.
02-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: viking country
Photos: Albums
Posts: 272
Välkommen / Welcome to the forum.

This is indeed a great place for everything pentax, just a heads up, be prepared to read alot of "pentax is DOOOOOMED", especially in the coming days. And be warned, spending time here will cause severe LBA (Lens Buying Addiction) for that reason I recommend that you do not look in the following sections of this forum:

Pentax news and rumors
photographic equipment for sale
anything under the headline Pentax Cameras
anything under the headline Pentax lenses and accessories
anything under the headline Photo Sharing and Galleries
anything under the headline Photography
anything under the headline Pentax Events and Official Contests

Actually stay away from the first page aswell and whatever you do, NEVER EVER click on lenses on the top! If you just follow these simple guidelines you might actually not have to spend half of your pension each month on new camera gear. I just wish someone gave me this warning before I joined. I think in the last year I've bought ~15 new lenses for a total of about $5000 or so.

So the recommendation is to stay here in welcomes and introductions maybe venture into troubleshooting and beginner help, finally General talk would be fine aswell I guess.

Again, welcome and hope you enjoy your "slightly" cencored visit
02-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member
PePe's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 452
Tjänare!
I sort of envy you, as you are going to have time to allocate for this hobby. I can only dream about that luxury!
Anyway, welcome to the forum!
02-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,701
We're not too many Scandinavians here - good to have you with us. And good luck with your photographic journey!

02-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
jack002's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Missouri
Photos: Albums
Posts: 189
Welcome! Sounds like you have an interesting background and a good camera.
02-04-2015, 02:17 AM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 152
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
Välkommen / Welcome to the forum.

This is indeed a great place for everything pentax, just a heads up, be prepared to read alot of "pentax is DOOOOOMED", especially in the coming days. And be warned, spending time here will cause severe LBA (Lens Buying Addiction) for that reason I recommend that you do not look in the following sections of this forum:

Pentax news and rumors
photographic equipment for sale
anything under the headline Pentax Cameras
anything under the headline Pentax lenses and accessories
anything under the headline Photo Sharing and Galleries
anything under the headline Photography
anything under the headline Pentax Events and Official Contests

Actually stay away from the first page aswell and whatever you do, NEVER EVER click on lenses on the top! If you just follow these simple guidelines you might actually not have to spend half of your pension each month on new camera gear. I just wish someone gave me this warning before I joined. I think in the last year I've bought ~15 new lenses for a total of about $5000 or so.

So the recommendation is to stay here in welcomes and introductions maybe venture into troubleshooting and beginner help, finally General talk would be fine aswell I guess.

Again, welcome and hope you enjoy your "slightly" cencored visit
OMG ! Glad my wife aint reading this !!! Hahaha
02-04-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,413
Welcome from Chicago!
It's always great to see people from around the world.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bird, life, noob, sweden
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Sweden marmitse Welcomes and Introductions 6 12-02-2013 03:05 PM
Hello from Sweden andreas_johansson Welcomes and Introductions 3 06-20-2013 02:50 AM
Hello from SWEDEN Dr.Gaga Welcomes and Introductions 3 04-25-2013 11:35 AM
Hello from Sweden Andrewille Welcomes and Introductions 5 03-13-2013 02:07 AM
Hello from Sweden Hofver Welcomes and Introductions 2 02-20-2013 10:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top