Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #1

Pentax 67II BB-61 Focus Screen

Hello All, I am a new member of this Pentax Forum. I want to introduce myself with my username of dlr333. I have shot 35mm film since the mid-eighties with a Canon A-1 and more recently with the Canon F-1N. Over the years I have accumulated quite a variety of lenses from a 24mm f/1.4L to a 300mm f/2.8L. However, my latest interest has changed to medium format in addition to my Canon gear. I am an artist in every sense of the word. I have written poetry since I was 13 years old, drawn just as long, built custom wood working projects, worked construction from a laborer all the way up to Assistant Superintendent. So after work photography has been my true passion, even winning First Place for a Black & White Portrait I took, as well as Best in the Show while I was in the Photography Club at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas in the mid-eighties. The best Photographer in town even offered to let me work with him to further my art. I regret it now, but at the time I was working and having to travel too much to take him up on his offer.

Anyway, enough of that! Since my fall at work in late 2008 I have been involuntarily retired and working on editing my poetry and photography in preparation of publishing as much as possible. I also will hopefully be producing more under the name of Insight & Images. So now the medium format comes in. I will probably experiment with it some outdoors shooting nature shots, but will be using it mostly for portraits. I have made some changes to the camera since I bought it, but would still like to locate a Pentax 67II BB-61 Focus Screen. I like the split screen better for some shots than the factory BA-61 Screen. With some help I am sure I will be able to locate one of these elusive screens.

02-08-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlr333 Quote
I have made some changes to the camera since I bought it, but would still like to locate a Pentax 67II BB-61 Focus Screen. I like the split screen better for some shots than the factory BA-61 Screen. With some help I am sure I will be able to locate one of these elusive screens.
Welcome to the forum!

Check eBay frequently, one will show up sooner or later. Some Japanese sellers still have them new.

I found my BB-61 screen that way, a seller from Japan had a couple new ones and they were gone in a few days.

Phil.
02-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you may want to consider posting your enquiry here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/37-wanted-items/ or here Pentax Medium Format - PentaxForums.com for a better number of replies.
02-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Check eBay frequently, one will show up sooner or later. Some Japanese sellers still have them new.

I found my BB-61 screen that way, a seller from Japan had a couple new ones and they were gone in a few days.

Phil.
Thanks, I do check eBay frequently as well as doing web-searches. Thanks for your welcome and info.