Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #1

Greetings From Indiana!

Hello everyone, this is the first time I've posted on this site. But I have been a proud Pentax owner for many years. I guess it is a family affair, but I do have question to anyone who might have any answers or suggestions. i have an old Pentax film based field camera with several manual lenses. I used ti use the camera a lot but film just got too expensive to find and develop.Ii am currently looking for a replacement digital body, but I'm not sure which body would be compatible with my lenses or even if it is possible to find one. The lenses are in the K series I believe, it has been a while since I've looked at them since they got stuck in storage in another state. If anyone could help me out here that would be great. I am using a Pentax X-5 DSLR at the moment but I would like to upgrade my collection for more detailed photos. I look forward to meeting everyone!

02-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CoronetMistress Quote
Hello everyone, this is the first time I've posted on this site. But I have been a proud Pentax owner for many years. I guess it is a family affair, but I do have question to anyone who might have any answers or suggestions. i have an old Pentax film based field camera with several manual lenses. I used ti use the camera a lot but film just got too expensive to find and develop.Ii am currently looking for a replacement digital body, but I'm not sure which body would be compatible with my lenses or even if it is possible to find one. The lenses are in the K series I believe, it has been a while since I've looked at them since they got stuck in storage in another state. If anyone could help me out here that would be great. I am using a Pentax X-5 DSLR at the moment but I would like to upgrade my collection for more detailed photos. I look forward to meeting everyone!
Hi, and welcome. You can't really go wrong with the K3. Of course anything like the KS1, K50, K30, K5, K5ii, etc will work fine too. They are definitely compatible with old lenses.
02-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, go get those old lenses and dust 'em down... as they're good to go with modern Pentax DSLR's.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 02-08-2015 at 02:38 PM.
02-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. As already stated, Pentax DSLRs still use the K-mount and you can choose from several current and past Pentax bodies. Check out the camera reviews on this site to see what might suit you best. Old lenses are great - old Pentax lenses in particular - but you have no reason to stop there. You may find it is addictive!