Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finally...!

After writing my self introduction, I lost everything after clicking upon "submit post" button click, maybe do to long time of inactivity, the forum script logged me off. Grrr!!!!

I am an Italian production manager in multimedia productions. I started learning photography when I was 14 sing my dad's Pentax ME and MX (my favorite). I own all my career to photography, later I will tell you why.

My past 10 years have been quite tough, after losing my kids, cameras, etc., and I have also been away from professional photography since 2007. My last photography work was for an advertisement campaign for Armani Get Together.
I few years ago I lost my portfolio and so I have to restart from scratch, amost, since I decided to spend the rest of my life working as a photographer.

After 2-3 months evaluating digital cameras, I decided to stick to Pentax, for reasons I will later explain. I decided to build my new equipment on Pentax with 2 between K30 OR 50 and K5 OR 3. I will share my thoughts later in the forum and I'd like to discuss it with you before I buy.

This is the link to my website, where you can see some of my recent work: About - Gabriele Cripezzi
Some pics were shot with Canon 7D, some others with compact point and shoot cameras. I am sure you will be able to figure out which ones. My website is not shoing the title and description of the images in the gallery, dunno why.

I am very excited of restarting my photography career. It's never too late and it's always super exciting!

I have a lot to bring to the table, a lot to share with you and I also have some ideas I'd like to share with you about educational projects, contests, marketing, pro/business.

Ciao for now.

Gabriele

02-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to reading your further posts with interest.
02-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. Interesting introduction. I too look forward to your future posts
02-09-2015, 12:52 AM   #4

Welcome to the Forums! Very promising start from You!

02-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome...this is a very good forum. It will give you lots of reasons to be happy that you've chosen Pentax. Ciao.
02-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hello everybody and thank you for the welcoming messages.

I just finished writing a comment on a K-3 review on Youtube.
You may get the feeling of how I see photography and why I love Pentax. But there is more, of course.

Anyway... I am tempted to go for the K-3 right away. That Prestige version is mamma mia... can't resist. PENTAX - K-3 Prestige
I don't know how many times I was close to click that CHECKOUT button on few online stores.

Ok, like I said I have quite a lot to bring on the table and I'd like to start with expressing my opinion about the new digital era, about today's "photographers", equipment, pro and enthusiastic worlds, etc. Should I? I am kinda harsh and straight guy. Are you ok with it?

1) the 90% of those who own a DSLR today should have limit him/herself to a DSLR-like, at the most, instead.
2) "A good photo is the one that tells a story" - No true. Not at all. A good photo is that tool that communicate a message that triggers emotions, delivers a message or represents a real life event/situation.
3) Professional photographers are not better than enthusiasts. Actually, in the 70-80% of the cases is all the way around.
4) If your DSLR doesn't have a good flash light attached to it, great chances are that you don't deserve that camera.
5) "The best camera is the one you have with you" - True. If you know how to take pictures, you'll impress even with a point-and-shoot.
6) Going for that ONE shot, more than the continuous shooting IS the beauty of photography.
7) If you are an enthusiast and don't use your left hand on that ring hunting for that perfect focus then, sorry, but you don't know what you're missing!
8) How do you measure your exposure? Multi-zone or Spot? If you usually go for multi then, again, you are missing a big and great chance to feel proud of yourself later at home when you look at your work on your computer screen.
9) Show me how you frame and compose and I'll tell you how many chances you have to become a pro who deserves to be called PRO.
10) Stop shooting and posting stupid good quality luma/chroma images in the Internet unless you are an equipment reviewer. Just stop it. You don't impress anybody!

Let me know hat you think.

Also... I would like to make an experiment here in this forum, which is actually my technique to select/recruit photographers and students in the past.

Duclis in fundo... Pentax is made by photographers, FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS. I want you guys to excel. I want to see Canon and Nikon enthusiast (APS-C guys) turn to Pentax! Are you up for the challenge? Who's with me in this adventure?

Now I need to build my new PC. Just got the new MBoard so, I'll get back to you later tonight or tomorrow.

I hope this forum will bring new good friends.

Yours,
Gabriele
02-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

I just built a new office rig, the first productivity (not game) computer I've built in a long time. The new low prices for big SSDs really makes a difference. A lower-power computer does not mean less horsepower anymore. It's another fun hobby...

Enthusiasts, casual, professional, what's the big difference? Depends on what you do, and how much skill you can apply to the task. I wouldn't get near a wedding gig myself, that's really not any interest to me. I have a nephew who is really great at it, he can get everyone to do what he wants and is super-quick.

Me, I'm in the field taking pictures of insects for science! This year I might add a flash, though with as much sunlight as is typical in my morning jaunts in the prairies I have no real need for one.

Welcome aboard, and I hope your luck turns for the better this year.

02-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #8

Original Poster
View all differ very much one with the other one. I will write about it when my sci will be back to life, go the next days. On mobile right now.

Ciao