Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #1

Hello from California

Hi, my name is Brian and I am located in San Diego, CA. Grew up here and I am lucky to be back working in my hometown. Photography started as a hobby (as I am sure it was for everyone), but has grown into a passion.

I have jumped from Canon film bodies, to early adoption of the Canon rebel series. Moved to full frame with a Canon 5dmkII and last year sold all of my Canon gear for a Sony a7r. My decision to move to the Sony system was mostly due to a new found interest in printing and the larger sensor size was an amazing jump in resolution from the 5dmkII. After about a year with a Sony, and even though I loved that camera, I had an opportunity to jump into a used Pentax 645z. This is my first Pentax camera and needless to say, I am really enjoying the transition to medium format.

My interests are primarily landscape. I have a passion for traveling/hiking/adventures and photography has become an awesome vehicle to share these experiences and meet like-minded individuals. I also do some work with events in the action/sports world and I would love to get into portraiture.

I look forward to learning from fellow Pentax users and sharing my experiences and photos!

02-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, lets us all know how your getting on with that bad boy.
02-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images,
02-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome. If you feel like coming up to the LA area we will be having a meetup this month.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-gatherings-events-groups/286407-southe...21-2015-a.html
Most of us use K bodies not MF so not sure if we will be able to provide any guidance.

02-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Aboard!
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
BTH

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, lets us all know how your getting on with that bad boy.
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images,
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Welcome Aboard!
Thank you all!

---------- Post added 02-11-15 at 07:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Welcome. If you feel like coming up to the LA area we will be having a meetup this month.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-gatherings-events-groups/286407-southe...21-2015-a.html
Most of us use K bodies not MF so not sure if we will be able to provide any guidance.
I'll have to see what I have going on that weekend. If I am free I'd love to drive up for the meetup. I'll try and RSVP on the thread when the date gets closer. Thanks!