Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi from Leicester

Hi All,
I've been visiting this site for a few months now, quite regularly too. It's a GREAT source of information and I've learnt so much. Thank you.
I've joined so that I can try and give something back and I'm going to start with some reviews of the kit I have.

My journey with Pentax began in the late 70's when my Dad bought a Spotmatic, 2nd hand. At the time I was too young to use it. In the mid 80's when I was in my teens, for a birthday present, he let me shoot a roll of film in Wankie National Park, which was close to where we lived at the time. I was only allowed to use his camera on condition I read a book, a teenage photography book, before we left. I got a roll of film and exclusive use of the camera until the film was finished or we got back home. I had the camera for a whole week and finished the last of the film taking photos of our dogs at home.

In the 90's my Dad sold the Spotmatic to me. I didn't use it as much as I would have liked because shooting film was quite expensive. I still have it and don't think I could ever part with it because it will always be my Dads camera to me.

In the early 00's I bought a Samsung P&S and used that, infrequently, until I bought a used K-x on ebay last year. The K-x rekindled my love of photography and got me out of the house, camera in hand, to do nothing specific, just wandering around looking for something that may need photographing.

Last month I bought a new K-3 and am now itching for summer to return so I can go out with the camera again. I'd go out now if I had some WR lenses, but I'm working on that, saving and trying to find a way to convince The Boss that I need them.

Thanks again for making this site the AWESOME place it is.

regards,

Peter

02-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you here.
02-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #3
Forum Member

Hi from Nottingham, glad to hear your enjoying your k3. You could get hold of an 18-55 wr quite cheap from the pu site or fleabay and get out and enjoy the spring. Bradgate should be nice and quiet at the moment for some landscapes.