Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #1

Back To My Photographic Root

Hi To All,

I had been introduced to photography by a dear friend of mine in the 80's. I was really impressed from the blown up portraits he shot of my two sisters with a PENTAX ME SUPER and mounted with a normal 50mm f1:1.4 pentax lens. I begged him to sell his camera, obligingly with reservations, he did. I was more than satisfied taking pictures with very good results on my me super with joy. With the advent of Autofocus film cameras and the digitaI technology, had my manual pentax gear in the cellar. Pentax lately has developed very good dslr bodies and were backward compatible to old k-mount lenses, specially I was itching to use my Pentax M 50mm f1:1.2 fast lens, and my 100mm pentax macro lens, and my 135mm pentax which I never departed neither sold it in the marketplace. Later part of this year I bought myself a pentax K-r kit and started taking pictures with my old manual lenses. Boy, Oh, Boy, the images were very good to my liking. Photos turn out very sharp, crisp, contrasty and depicts more real ambient light when the picture is taken. I am for sure will be using my Pentax brand in taking pictures from now on and I am happily back to my photographic root.

02-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Pentax, we all knew we'd get you in the end... "resistance is futile".
02-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
02-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, the old "brass and glass" lenses really provide great depth. Consider using those collapsible rubber lens hoods, they're pretty good for reducing potential reflections.