Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #1

Software/firmware updates

I had followed the Ricoh's directions to update my K-3 from ver1.00 to 1.11......But when I turn the camera on with the menu button pressed it goes to 'normal' functions for taking a photo, not the screen listing the updates. So...any ideas?

02-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're not seeing the update because you most likely placed it on the wrong folder on your SD card, or you didn't extract the update file properly.

There should be a .BIN file in the root of the SD card. The file may not be placed in any sub-folder, so if you put it in the DCIM folder alongside folders containing images, you'll need to move it up a level.

If you see a .EXE or a .ZIP file, you should extract the .BIN file by double-clicking the file and extracting the .BIN.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hopefully that's Adam got you sorted, let us know how you get on.
02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're not seeing the update because you most likely placed it on the wrong folder on your SD card, or you didn't extract the update file properly.

There should be a .BIN file in the root of the SD card. The file may not be placed in any sub-folder, so if you put it in the DCIM folder alongside folders containing images, you'll need to move it up a level.

If you see a .EXE or a .ZIP file, you should extract the .BIN file by double-clicking the file and extracting the .BIN.
As it was, I didn't realize that it being still in the dcim folder had the net effect of 'hiding' it ..dragged into the light and now I'm in 1.11 and all is good for the moment...,now I'm going back to contemplate airy circles and c0c for some refractive reflections.

03-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

does the latest update cover all the previous updates or do I need to do all the updates individually? the k-r I got is 1.0.....
03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
does the latest update cover all the previous updates or do I need to do all the updates individually? the k-r I got is 1.0.....
This post would have been better in the K-r forum, but yes, the updates include all previous updates.
03-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian

thank you

---------- Post added 03-11-15 at 09:28 PM ----------

and updated 1.15! appreciate that