Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello

Hello everyone. I am a proud new owner of a K100D. I also own a Panasonic FZ-50 and decided to make the leap to a DSLR last Sunday. I have read a lot about the K100D and was impressed with what I have read. ( I guess the rebates pushed me over the edge I have taken some comparison shots with both and so far I am very impressed with K100D image quality. I only wish the weather would cooperate so I can take more. I am glad I have decided to make the leap to the DSLR world and no regrets buying the Pentax. It feels right. I usally do not post a lot. I am new to joining any type of forum, but I enjoy reading and learning from your posts.

02-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Good Morning Charlie,
Pentax is always a good choice and the K100D is an excellent camera. I know you will enjoy it. Welcome to the forum and I do hope you will post. We would love to see some pictures from you K100. I to live in the north east and the weather just won't cooperate I guess I'll wait for spring or maybe an indoor shoot.

Those of us that live close here on the east coast have gotten together in several places for a get together and photo shoot. We have done DC. and Gettysburg and are talking about some for this year. You are welcome to join us at any time.

Enjoy the forum and again Welcome aboard.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
02-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Welcome Charlie,

Just got my K100 last week. What a camera!

Where on the "Eastern Shore" are you? I lived in Annapolis most of my adult life and bass fished the eastern shore rivers and ponds for around 40 years (Good Lord!).
02-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Charlie,

I'm new here also and just got my K100D a few weeks ago. So far I love the camera. It's a bit of a learning curve but well worth it. I came from using a very good Canon S1 IS and also decided to make the jump based on the pricing and reviews the new Pentax line was getting.

Gotta go, we're having a birthday party for a 98 year old aunt today so I get to see if I've got the flash thing figured out yet .

02-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to you both. You will find many new friends and lots of usefull tools here. Enjoy.
02-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Good Morning Charlie,
Pentax is always a good choice and the K100D is an excellent camera. I know you will enjoy it. Welcome to the forum and I do hope you will post. We would love to see some pictures from you K100. I to live in the north east and the weather just won't cooperate I guess I'll wait for spring or maybe an indoor shoot.

Those of us that live close here on the east coast have gotten together in several places for a get together and photo shoot. We have done DC. and Gettysburg and are talking about some for this year. You are welcome to join us at any time.

Enjoy the forum and again Welcome aboard.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
Dave,
Please keep me informed I have always wanted to go to Gettyburg and DC would be great too..
Charlie

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 02-03-2007 at 11:53 AM.
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dan,
I am near Denton in the middle of the corn fields. I grew up in Edgewater area in the 70's.
Charlie

02-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank You...Good luck with the flash....