Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Which body did you get? The K-50 and the K-S1 or K-S2 are good for those who want simple but more than just point and shoot. These cameras offer a SCENE mode - something I doubt you would need but something a total newbie with limited tolerance for learning the technical side of photography might enjoy. Using the SCENE modes you can tell the camera what you are trying to do and have it try to make the right choices to fit.
On the K-50 it's impossible to use SCENE modes + RAW. The K-S1 and K-S2 do allow RAW for most of the SCENE modes.

03-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by khenna Quote
On the K-50 it's impossible to use SCENE modes + RAW. The K-S1 and K-S2 do allow RAW for most of the SCENE modes.
I'm not sure where you got this info... but that is not correct. I just this minute used my K50 in SCN mode and set it for NIGHT SNAP and set my recording preferences to RAW and it did record a RAW file.
03-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm not sure where you got this info... but that is not correct. I just this minute used my K50 in SCN mode and set it for NIGHT SNAP and set my recording preferences to RAW and it did record a RAW file.
You are right! I read p72 of K-50 manual wrong: I read Images captured with (Night Scene HDR) or SCN mode, while it says of SCN mode. It surely wasn't wishful thinking
03-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by khenna Quote
You are right! I read p72 of K-50 manual wrong: I read Images captured with (Night Scene HDR) or SCN mode, while it says of SCN mode. It surely wasn't wishful thinking
Ah got it. No worries.