Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Which body did you get? The K-50 and the K-S1 or K-S2 are good for those who want simple but more than just point and shoot. These cameras offer a SCENE mode - something I doubt you would need but something a total newbie with limited tolerance for learning the technical side of photography might enjoy. Using the SCENE modes you can tell the camera what you are trying to do and have it try to make the right choices to fit.
On the K-50 it's impossible to use SCENE modes + RAW. The K-S1 and K-S2 do allow RAW for most of the SCENE modes.

03-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,091
QuoteOriginally posted by khenna Quote
On the K-50 it's impossible to use SCENE modes + RAW. The K-S1 and K-S2 do allow RAW for most of the SCENE modes.
I'm not sure where you got this info... but that is not correct. I just this minute used my K50 in SCN mode and set it for NIGHT SNAP and set my recording preferences to RAW and it did record a RAW file.
03-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #18
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm not sure where you got this info... but that is not correct. I just this minute used my K50 in SCN mode and set it for NIGHT SNAP and set my recording preferences to RAW and it did record a RAW file.
You are right! I read p72 of K-50 manual wrong: I read Images captured with (Night Scene HDR) or SCN mode, while it says of SCN mode. It surely wasn't wishful thinking
03-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,091
QuoteOriginally posted by khenna Quote
You are right! I read p72 of K-50 manual wrong: I read Images captured with (Night Scene HDR) or SCN mode, while it says of SCN mode. It surely wasn't wishful thinking
Ah got it. No worries.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, ir, mode, operation, person, photography, pictures, shutter, time, yashica
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Texas Bclaz Welcomes and Introductions 10 03-31-2014 06:52 AM
Hello from Texas senior captain Welcomes and Introductions 5 10-06-2013 09:45 AM
Hello from Texas! jp_recon Welcomes and Introductions 6 05-08-2013 08:41 PM
Hello from Texas mizupsi Welcomes and Introductions 3 03-13-2013 07:52 PM
A late hello from Texas GoldenWreckedAngle Welcomes and Introductions 4 01-15-2009 04:44 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top