Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #1

New to photography

Hello everyone,

So after thinking about trying out photography for some time and reading some reviews as well as talking with a friend of mine I took the leap and bought a K-50 last September. In the short time I've owned it I've been completely captivated by Photography! I love this hobby and I find myself continually sucked in to learning how to operate my camera and discovering more and more of what a digital SLR is capable of doing! My most recent obsession has been long exposures of flowing water - composition, color and light are still a bit of a mystery to me but I'm enjoying the learning process.

As a newbie to photography it goes without saying that when I bought my camera I didn't realize I was joining the small and unique group called PENTAXIANS but I couldn't be happier with my camera and now that I've begun to learn how the Pentax works I have a feeling I'm going to be around for awhile!

Glad to be here!
deanjef2

03-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to the Pentaxian family
Great to hear you love your new hobby and you picked up a great camera to learn from.
Hope to see some photos from your part of the world and don't be afraid to ask any questions that might pop up.

Cheers
Jos
03-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
03-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

welcome and hope you didn't have much peer pressure such as "you should have bought a Canon or Nikon" that kind of comments.

03-08-2015, 02:09 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, from your comments there... I think that your going to fit right in here.
03-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the clubhouse! Out in Oregon you've got a great variety of terrain to explore. Not so many volcanic mountains here in Illinois!