Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New K-50

As a retirement gift, the people I worked with gave me a new K-50. It was exactly the camera I was looking for, and it's my first DSLR. Back in the seventies and eighties, I had a Fujica SLR, and did some of my own darkroom stuff, so it's good to be back with and SLR instead of the compacts and superzooms I've had in between.
I'm glad to have found this forum, because there seems to be a lack of support for Pentax users.

04-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No lack of support here!!!

Sometimes I think we are the support network for Pentax

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you get a long with the k-50, it really is a very nice little camera. Pentax does have some quirks, so if you find something puzzling or not working the way you think it should, just ask. Believe me, we've all been there.

If you are interested in lenses or Pentax history, check the lens database and camera database at the top of the page.
04-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Don Little Quote
As a retirement gift, the people I worked with gave me a new K-50. It was exactly the camera I was looking for, and it's my first DSLR. Back in the seventies and eighties, I had a Fujica SLR, and did some of my own darkroom stuff, so it's good to be back with and SLR instead of the compacts and superzooms I've had in between.
I'm glad to have found this forum, because there seems to be a lack of support for Pentax users.
Welcome aboard and congrats!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks.

I'll check out the lens thread.

04-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They obviously thought very highly of you. Welcome to the Forums and enjoy that K50. Apart from being very friendly, these Forums are an amazing resource and people are very helpful.
04-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a fantastic retirement gift! I wish I could retire right now to have more time with my K-50. This forum is a support site for Pentax users. You'll learn so much about your camera here, hanging out and participating here will accelerate your skills much faster than if you didn't use this site. I urge you to get involved in the different challenges to push your skills and have fun.
04-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, it almost makes it worthwhile going to work for all that time...