Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #1

New Member for Northern Virginia (NoVA)

Hello all. I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to make an account and start asking my questions. I've been shooting Canon for several years in digital format, but picked up a 645N camera a few months back to stretch my creativity both through the use of film and the new format. I still shoot Canon because I'm heavily invested in FF 35mm digital, and there are plenty of scenarios where a DSLR makes more sense than either film or medium format, but when I'm out doing landscapes (90ish% of my work) I split my time pretty equally.

Oh, and I shoot almost exclusively in B&W. All my film work is B&W, but I occasionally I find myself in a situation with a perfect sunset or sunrise, so digital color it is.

Thanks.

04-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello to you, and welcome to Pentax Forums.

As you've probably seen by now, there are many members here who shoot both film and digital, still. Enjoy your 645N.
04-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
04-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please remember to post some example of your work when you get a chance.

04-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!

Although not very active lately, there is a local - DC area - group for Pentax owners.
National Capitol Area Pentaxians (USA) - PentaxForums.com
There also a move in the winter to have some area medium format shooters to get together. Would be a nice opportunity to meet as well as try out some gear.