Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax really takes me back ...

Honestly, I've never owned a Pentax, but my life would be different without the Pentax mount.

My first SLR was a Practika Nova 1B, about the most dead-simple little thing you could ask for, and more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I believe that's the camera I had when I bought the cheapo 4-element all-manual 500mm Pentax-mount telephoto that brought me to this forum.

Every camera since then has had a T-mount adapter, i.e. it adapts to Pentax threads. This includes 3 Canon AE-1s, a Canon F1, and Nikon F4, D70, and D5100. Every one of these has been used with T-mount adapters so I could use them with either telescopes or microscopes. The F1, in fact, was bought used with a dead meter, expressly for prime focus astrophotography.

04-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from a SuperTL owner from 1972-82! I moved to the ME Super from there and mostly used Pentax ever since. All those screwmount lenses should be fun with any recent Pentax dSLR body..stabilized too, ever since the K100 and 200
04-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RattlerRidgeResearch Quote
Honestly, I've never owned a Pentax
We all need to see what we can do to change that.