Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello everybody

Hi everybody, I have jumped into the Pentax train a few days ago, by choosing a K-3 machine for most of my future photography days. I am living in Istanbul and travelling a lot on motorbikes; so far I have avoided to carry heavy DSLR machines in my trips, I even once had a Pentax Kx, but always found it too much of load, so sold it away soon and chose compact or mobile phones as my cameras then. Recently, this idea has changed and came to an end that my memories are more valuable than what a mobile phone can save; honestly speaking, don't know how long this goes, but I am ambitious this time.

I have purchased my K-3 with an 18-135 kit lens, but I have also added a 35 mm lens as an everyday carry one.

I don't have even a close to enough photography knowledge, but before the digitals or automatic cameras, I have taken many beautiful photos with my father's good old Asahi Pentax camera of 70s and I believe that I can close the gap in time. My father has caused this sympathy to Pentax with that, but today he is using his Canon FF machine with great success.

04-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I surely hope you will have fun. You chose a wonderful camera.
04-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
04-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
I believe that too, Rimfiredude; I have read the forums a lot before doing it. Now need to learn and take beautiful photos to be able to upload. Thanks for the reply. :-)

---------- Post added 04-11-15 at 07:32 PM ----------

Thanks wtlwdwgn, :-)) all I know is, my uploadable photos will take time :-( I have already seen many awesome photos uploaded here by members.

04-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! If weight is an issue (and even if not) look into sling straps, they're secure and get the weight off your neck.
04-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Wonderful camera
04-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, it would be interesting to see some of these road trip images of Turkey when you get a chance.

04-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks a lot Ter-or, let me check about the straps, there are also a bit fantasier thinks such as holsters, do you think they are comfortable too?

---------- Post added 04-12-15 at 07:48 AM ----------

Garfield67 it better is :-)))

---------- Post added 04-12-15 at 07:54 AM ----------

@kerrowdown I have ordered padded, foam compartment inserts for my tankbag, I hope they arrive soon; hoping to have a short tour at the end of this month. My previous Kx developed a on/off switch problem, which I believe the vibration of the motorbike caused. I don't want to have the same, until then will have it in my backpack. :-)))

Last month I was in New Zealand using a Canon G7x, I loved the scenery very much and the photo quality was ok, I need to learn to make better photos as soon as possible. :-))
04-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by umit.cukurel Quote
which I believe the vibration of the motorbike caused
You might want to pose that question in the general photography section, as there are other biking photographers here as to how they deal with that issue.
04-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
You might want to pose that question in the general photography section, as there are other biking photographers here as to how they deal with that issue.

Yes I have already started searching, the best way is to carry it in the tank bag; but of course this time I will be at safer side. My investment is double folded this time 😋
04-13-2015, 05:41 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by umit.cukurel Quote
Thanks a lot Ter-or, let me check about the straps, there are also a bit fantasier thinks such as holsters, do you think they are comfortable too?[COLOR="Silver"]
Probably for some activities the holsters are good, but I'm not a big fan of heavy things hanging off my belt. If it's hanging off a holster or something like backpack straps, holsters are probably good. A sling should hang your camera right about belt level so it doesn't swing around too much.
04-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Probably for some activities the holsters are good, but I'm not a big fan of heavy things hanging off my belt. If it's hanging off a holster or something like backpack straps, holsters are probably good. A sling should hang your camera right about belt level so it doesn't swing around too much.
Thanks for the feedback. :-))
04-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I have ordered a Matin deluxe neoprene joint strap from ebay. Not very expensive, but read on the web that it's one of the most comfortables.
04-29-2015, 03:29 AM   #14

Original Poster
View Picture EXIF
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430303203618.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  133.5 KB I have taken this photo last night in Bozburun harbour. I don't know whether technically ok, but I like the look of it. I would be happy to hear criticisms.
04-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks good to me, it's a very tricky shot but your primary subject, the very pretty sailboat, is perfectly exposed. And that water is so still!