Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #1

Wave your hands, make some noise, here I am

Ok, a bit too much of a title, I know

Hi all.
Mauro, newly Pentax owner -got my K50 kit in August '14. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a photo hobbist, I'm not a photo whatever, I'm just a guy who goes 'round with a white Pentax DSLR in hand, you can recognise me for having the camera's lace tied around my arm
And I've no artistic abilities at all, no love for DOF or bokeh (still I'm learning to appreciate it a bit in those days), I could easily be a member of the F/64 club

Joined Pentax's world after a long and strange voyage. Long story made short: I just shoot my holidays, but as I always end up in some kind of acquarium (love them) or museum, I'm always struggling for light; in the end a Reflex is the answer for my needs, booth for its sensor size, lens quality and for being able to take full control of the image.

As a child I've always loved to take photos. Growing up and having no money I ended up with a small 3MP compact camera, which I understood how to use just after 3 years since I bought it
After having understood how to use it I rapidly found its limits. It gave me a lot of satisfation in my first trip in London, but I felt the need of something better.
From there it's been:
- FinePix S3200 Super-Zoom bridge. Loved it, had a lot of fun with, but it was really limited because it emulated aperture settings (cannot recall exactly how)
- Samsung NX10. Really nice camera, but NX mount lenses were really expensive and there was nearly nothing on the used market
- Pentax K-50. Cheap but top quality, WR, really good sensor, a tons of available lenses from used to new at a wide range of prices, WR, not black, not Canon, not Nikon, WR. Love it, and now I'm a Pentax addicted

Uh, I forgot, I'm long time Flickr lover, too

Hi all!

05-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*waving hands* Hi! Welcome aboard. Lots of great people here. Hope to see some pictures from you soon.
05-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Love your energy! Welcome! :-)
05-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, great intro btw.

05-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Drizzt Quote
Hi all. Mauro, newly Pentax owner -got my K50 kit in August '14. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a photo hobbist, I'm not a photo whatever, I'm just a guy who goes 'round with a white Pentax DSLR in hand, you can recognise me for having the camera's lace tied around my arm And I've no artistic abilities at all, no love for DOF or bokeh (still I'm learning to appreciate it a bit in those days), I could easily be a member of the F/64 club
An excellent inauguration Mauro - welcome and have a fun with your camera.. Btw. have you discovered the wonder of all M42 and K mount manual film lenses yet ? :P beware the LBA thought
05-04-2015, 05:40 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
An excellent inauguration Mauro - welcome and have a fun with your camera.. Btw. have you discovered the wonder of all M42 and K mount manual film lenses yet ? :P beware the LBA thought
Spent all the day, yesterday, with my new used manual 50mm F1.7

What is an LBA?
05-04-2015, 05:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

What is an LBA?
Lens buying addiction
05-04-2015, 06:08 AM   #8

Original Poster
Lens buying addiction
Lol

Got it, I want a lot of new lenses, but I'm having hard time finding the right forum section to ask

---------- Post added 05-04-15 at 06:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
*waving hands* Hi! Welcome aboard. Lots of great people here. Hope to see some pictures from you soon.

No, trust me, you don't want to see them unless you've got some serious digestions issues to solve

05-04-2015, 06:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Got it, I want a lot of new lenses, but I'm having hard time finding the right forum section to ask
Great place to start is to go through the Lens Reviews section of this forum , e.g. here you get a link to main section of all pentax lenses ever made - just scroll down, and go though all subforums (but remember you've been warned :P ) : Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
05-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #10

Original Poster
Great place to start is to go through the Lens Reviews section of this forum , e.g. here you get a link to main section of all pentax lenses ever made - just scroll down, and go though all subforums (but remember you've been warned :P ) : Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

I obviously checked the Lens DB just before buying my M lens and I did check to compare other lenses, but I am more in need for a wider discussion were I can ask a few things and suggestions. Isn't there a place here to request this kind of things?
05-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. Go to the forum index, then to Pentax SLR Lens Discussion. You should be able to find answers there.
05-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Yes. Go to the forum index, then to Pentax SLR Lens Discussion. You should be able to find answers there.
Thx
05-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Boom ba da ba da Boom! Mauro's here--Yayyy!
05-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #14

I'm a noobee, too, Dizz! My K-50 just arrived yesterday! I'm a pro photographer, but feel this camera is oodles better than my old Nikon D70s. The Nikon I wanted wouldn't tske my existing lenses, so I jumped ship.

You sound so happy!
05-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrown Quote
I'm a noobee, too, Dizz! My K-50 just arrived yesterday! I'm a pro photographer, but feel this camera is oodles better than my old Nikon D70s. The Nikon I wanted wouldn't tske my existing lenses, so I jumped ship.

You sound so happy!
Well, I honestly love my K50 and the Pentax feeling so, yes, I'm really happy of my choose