Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #1
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Wave your hands, make some noise, here I am

Ok, a bit too much of a title, I know


Hi all.
Mauro, newly Pentax owner -got my K50 kit in August '14. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a photo hobbist, I'm not a photo whatever, I'm just a guy who goes 'round with a white Pentax DSLR in hand, you can recognise me for having the camera's lace tied around my arm
And I've no artistic abilities at all, no love for DOF or bokeh (still I'm learning to appreciate it a bit in those days), I could easily be a member of the F/64 club




Joined Pentax's world after a long and strange voyage. Long story made short: I just shoot my holidays, but as I always end up in some kind of acquarium (love them) or museum, I'm always struggling for light; in the end a Reflex is the answer for my needs, booth for its sensor size, lens quality and for being able to take full control of the image.


As a child I've always loved to take photos. Growing up and having no money I ended up with a small 3MP compact camera, which I understood how to use just after 3 years since I bought it
After having understood how to use it I rapidly found its limits. It gave me a lot of satisfation in my first trip in London, but I felt the need of something better.
From there it's been:
- FinePix S3200 Super-Zoom bridge. Loved it, had a lot of fun with, but it was really limited because it emulated aperture settings (cannot recall exactly how)
- Samsung NX10. Really nice camera, but NX mount lenses were really expensive and there was nearly nothing on the used market
- Pentax K-50. Cheap but top quality, WR, really good sensor, a tons of available lenses from used to new at a wide range of prices, WR, not black, not Canon, not Nikon, WR. Love it, and now I'm a Pentax addicted


Uh, I forgot, I'm long time Flickr lover, too




Hi all!

05-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian
TinaS's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,022
*waving hands* Hi! Welcome aboard. Lots of great people here. Hope to see some pictures from you soon.
05-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
severalsnakes's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,412
Love your energy! Welcome! :-)
05-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,692
Welcome aboard, great intro btw.

05-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member
manntax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
QuoteOriginally posted by Drizzt Quote
Hi all. Mauro, newly Pentax owner -got my K50 kit in August '14. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a photo hobbist, I'm not a photo whatever, I'm just a guy who goes 'round with a white Pentax DSLR in hand, you can recognise me for having the camera's lace tied around my arm And I've no artistic abilities at all, no love for DOF or bokeh (still I'm learning to appreciate it a bit in those days), I could easily be a member of the F/64 club
An excellent inauguration Mauro - welcome and have a fun with your camera.. Btw. have you discovered the wonder of all M42 and K mount manual film lenses yet ? :P beware the LBA thought
05-04-2015, 05:40 AM   #6
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
An excellent inauguration Mauro - welcome and have a fun with your camera.. Btw. have you discovered the wonder of all M42 and K mount manual film lenses yet ? :P beware the LBA thought
Spent all the day, yesterday, with my new used manual 50mm F1.7


What is an LBA?
05-04-2015, 05:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member
manntax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
QuoteOriginally posted by Drizzt Quote
What is an LBA?
Lens buying addiction
05-04-2015, 06:08 AM   #8
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Lens buying addiction
Lol


Got it, I want a lot of new lenses, but I'm having hard time finding the right forum section to ask

---------- Post added 05-04-15 at 06:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
*waving hands* Hi! Welcome aboard. Lots of great people here. Hope to see some pictures from you soon.


No, trust me, you don't want to see them unless you've got some serious digestions issues to solve

05-04-2015, 06:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member
manntax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
QuoteOriginally posted by Drizzt Quote
Got it, I want a lot of new lenses, but I'm having hard time finding the right forum section to ask
Great place to start is to go through the Lens Reviews section of this forum , e.g. here you get a link to main section of all pentax lenses ever made - just scroll down, and go though all subforums (but remember you've been warned :P ) : Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
05-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Great place to start is to go through the Lens Reviews section of this forum , e.g. here you get a link to main section of all pentax lenses ever made - just scroll down, and go though all subforums (but remember you've been warned :P ) : Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database


I obviously checked the Lens DB just before buying my M lens and I did check to compare other lenses, but I am more in need for a wider discussion were I can ask a few things and suggestions. Isn't there a place here to request this kind of things?
05-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Pentaxian
TinaS's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,022
Yes. Go to the forum index, then to Pentax SLR Lens Discussion. You should be able to find answers there.
05-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #12
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Yes. Go to the forum index, then to Pentax SLR Lens Discussion. You should be able to find answers there.
Thx
05-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,073
Boom ba da ba da Boom! Mauro's here--Yayyy!
05-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #14
New Member




Join Date: May 2015
Location: Northeast Tennessee
Photos: Albums
Posts: 19
I'm a noobee, too, Dizz! My K-50 just arrived yesterday! I'm a pro photographer, but feel this camera is oodles better than my old Nikon D70s. The Nikon I wanted wouldn't tske my existing lenses, so I jumped ship.

You sound so happy!
05-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #15
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 15
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrown Quote
I'm a noobee, too, Dizz! My K-50 just arrived yesterday! I'm a pro photographer, but feel this camera is oodles better than my old Nikon D70s. The Nikon I wanted wouldn't tske my existing lenses, so I jumped ship.

You sound so happy!
Well, I honestly love my K50 and the Pentax feeling so, yes, I'm really happy of my choose
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, camera, lens buying addiction, lenses, lot, love, pentax, photo, quality, sensor, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HI,I am with K5ii, I am just new here fuenqing Welcomes and Introductions 14 03-30-2015 08:24 AM
I tried to resist but here I am! angryannie Welcomes and Introductions 7 02-19-2014 12:21 PM
Hi I am Andy and I am new here. AndyHSP Welcomes and Introductions 3 12-18-2013 03:07 PM
I am a pro shooter and here is why I am so excited for my K-5 to get here tomorrow benisona Pentax K-5 102 10-31-2010 04:52 PM
Hi I am new member Here are some of my K10D Images petekd Post Your Photos! 20 06-19-2007 03:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top