Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 05:15 PM   #1

Looking Forward

Hello

I have not had a Pentax since my first slr, a Spotmatic in 68. Well havin spent a long journey through the wilds of Canon and Nikon, with sidetrips to Leica and Hasselblad. I have returned to where I started my photographic journey. Received a 645z a little over a week ago, and have been learning the camera at home and in the yard. Purchased some used lenses (55mm f2.8 fa, 35 f3.5 a, 120mm f4 fa, and the 300mm fa 5.6) from Ebay dealers.

Having just migrated from a Nikon d800e, this is a new world. I know many folks way more versed than I am claim the two cameras are nearly the same, but the interface on the Pentax is light years ahead of the Nikon. I will be spending some time capturing many images with the Pentax that I have already done with the Nikon. I like to stitch multi row landscapes with moderate telephotos, planning on the 120 and the 300 for that. When I have something of value I will post it for your comments. Looking forward to that.

Living in N. California' S.F. Bay Area I have many opportunities nearby. In the meantime, I will cruise the website, add anything of substance if I can, but will most likely seek knowledge from you all.

Any way great site and forum and looking forward to particpating.

Dan

05-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Dan,

I'm looking forward to seeing some panos from the 120 and the 645Z. I have an interest in a similar path and your work and experiences will help me too.

Have fun with that beasty mate.

Tas
05-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, many here like you have had a varied camera history of the years.

This IMHO is a contributory factor in making us better photographers and even greater Pentaxians.
05-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Dan! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.