Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from beautiful North Georgia -

Hello Everyone!
Thank you for the gathered wealth of knowledge that I've been poring over lately.

I became a very happy Pentax K-30 owner about a few years ago, and then came the WG-3 a year later, and now soon my new pre-ordered K-3 II ☺! I had planned on not upgrading so soon after the K-30, but unfortunately it ran into aperture motor issues and is currently getting repaired in Connecticut at Precision Camera.

I値l be honest, I pondered the idea of going back to Sony, but thanks to some encouraging replies and the timely press release on the K-3 II (the specs are truly hard to beat), I知 giddy to get my hands on it soon. I shoot with Canon and Sony for work, but it痴 been incredible to see the equal, if not superior quality that has come from the K-30, at a fraction of the price.

While I am bummed that I知 dealing with repairs outside of the warranty, I値l concede that the K-30 has been put to the test (240 miles of the Appalachian Trail, 188 miles of the Benton MacKaye, and a thru-hike of the Art Loeb trail). I tell myself that it did well to survive all those miles, through all 4 seasons of temps, and produced some beautiful exposures.

I look forward to learning more from all of you, and perhaps one day I値l be able to contribute something soon!

Talk to you soon,

-Jack

05-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, you'll be like a kid waiting for Santa just now.
05-04-2015, 06:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, from another Georgia resident. But I'm just in the north Atlanta suburbs. I do agree that North Georgia is beautiful We enjoy taking trips up there when we get the chance.

I think you chose well, the K-3II should be even more rugged than the K-30 and should be able to withstand your use of it!
05-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Jack! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

05-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
Yeah--I mean, did the K-30 just go along for the ride or did you put it to work? ;~) Welcome in any case.
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ha, yes the K-30 was put to work! I just posted a few shots in my first PF album. I have a lot to learn, so critique is always welcome.

Also, my K-30 is back from repair from Precision Camera! I just got it back yesterday; the Diaphragm Control Block was replaced. After about 100 shots, all came out perfect It's good to have it back.